Steve Brown is a seasoned performer who has been active in the live music scene in the north central Ohio area for over 30 years. As a solo artist on keyboard and vocals, he performs a variety of musical style including jazz, blues, oldies rock and roll and 60's-80's pop. He brings a unique blend of jazz and pop style of playing, along with his ability to sing.
His wide gamut of material is demonstrated by an incredibly diverse song list of over 500 songs. A typical set might include Nat King Cole or Frank Sinatra to the great hits of Billy Joel, Elton John, Beatles, Jimmy Buffett, Elvis, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, CCR, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, Steely Dan, and many others.
When performing for a crowd, Steve is more than happy to play customer requests.
The #1 Goal is that everyone have a good time.
Music for All Your Needs
* Live entertainment for casual restaurants, sports bars, wineries/wine bars, microbreweries, country clubs or formal restaurants
* Receptions, cocktail hour, private parties, wedding ceremonies or receptions, Senior Centers, corporate events, indoor/outdoor concerts or other special occasions
* Concerts or Special Programs – solo or small band; programs include
o “Music of the Great American Songbook”
o “Rock and Roll, 50's through 70's”
o “Tribute to Billy Joel and Elton John”
* Jazz – if your venue or private event is in need of authentic jazz music, Steve can play jazz piano with or without vocals, OR provide a great jazz trio or quartet.
* Only Original Music for your venue? – if you refuse to pay the licensing fees from ASCAP and BMI which means you cannot provide copyrighted music in your establishment, Steve can bring you his “Outside the Covers” show. He can play up to 3 hours of original jazz and blues along with some original or public domain songs.
NEED MUSIC FOR YOUR WEDDING CEREMONY?
Steve Brown can make your special day even more special by performing music of your choice from classical to contemporary, sacred to secular. He can play solo piano or can include other musicians including flute, violin, trumpet, guitar or vocalist. He always meets with the bride and groom to discuss the musical choices. If you have a vocalist selected for your wedding ceremony, he can provide piano accompaniment. If your wedding ceremony is in the same venue as your reception, he can easily move from one location to another and provide music for both.
Here is why Steve is the perfect fit for your restaurant or other small venue
* Reasonable Volume in a Small Space – Many restaurants or pubs aren't designed for full bands. It's just Steve, his full sized digital piano and small Bose tower sound system. He keeps the volume down so customers can talk. However, if you do need music for a larger audience, he can provide a larger sound system. These would be ideal for an outside event or concert.
* More Affordable – You are only hiring one guy. He may charge more than many solo acts, but you are getting top quality
* Large Variety of Music – With a repertoire of over 500 songs, he can start out with softer instrumental music to enhance the dining experience, including some of the great standards from the American Songbook. Later in the evening for the listening and drinking crowd, he can kick it up a notch and get into high energy mode by playing and singing the great songs from the 50's through the 80's. These are the songs that people love to listen to and sing along with – favorite requests are “American Pie”, “Brown Eyed Girl”, “Sweet Caroline”, “Living on a Prayer”, “Piano Man”, and many more.
* Personable and Professional – As a former educator and experienced presenter, he is very comfortable talking to the crowd, both while playing and during breaks.
* He is the Piano Man – Steve Brown creates a “piano bar” atmosphere, with no loud guitars or drums; just him at the piano playing the songs that people want to hear. Customer requests are a specialty. When the audience is enjoying his music and having a good time, he is having a good time.
Background: Steve is a graduate of Bowling Green State University, which is located in northwest Ohio. While attending college, he played in many different groups from big band to small combo. After moving to Mansfield, Ohio to teach school, Steve continued to play in many different bands and for a variety of local venues. For 15 years he was a member of the Miss Ohio Scholarship Pageant orchestra and was a musical arranger. As a back-up musician, he has worked with such artists as Cab Calloway, Rosemary Clooney, Sarah Vaughn, Helen O'Connell, Bobby Vinton, Ron Blake, Sonny Geraci and the 5th Dimension, to name a few. He continues to play in several local groups, but has been more and more in demand as a solo keyboardist and vocalist. When he isn't playing music, he has worked as a teacher, school administrator and college graduate advisor.