Hailed as one of Colorado's most beloved and premiere inspirational pianists/artists, John Redmon provides music for social events, church functions, private parties, recording sessions, funerals, weddings, sacred and secular venues. He loves to play a variety of styles from jazz to country, R&B to christian contemporary, gospel to traditional hymns, patriotic to spirituals and of course the big ballads and pop love songs of the 80s and 90s. Covering tunes of hundreds and a wide variety of artists including Celine Dion, Brian McKnight, Kenny Rogers, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett, The Beatles, Whitney Houston, Barbara Streisand, BeBe and CeCe Winans, Simon and Garfunkel, Joe Crocker, Debbie Boone, Frank Sinatra, Hezekiah Walker, Michael W Smith, Kirk Franklin, Vickie Winans, Sandi Patty, Larnelle Harris, Brooklyn Tabernacle, Dionne Warwick, Chris Tomlin, Mariah Carey, Hillsong and the list goes on and on and on!
Since age 5, John Redmon has had a deep love and appreciation for music. His mother, Cynthia Redmon, an accomplished pianist, took him under her wing and taught him the musical art, encouraging him to play alongside of her in various church services. By age 12, he was not only being encouraged by his mother and other piano instructors to play both by ear and sight, but also to compose original works.
By 1995 Redmon decided to not just compose but house his original works within his own independent record label and named the company Reaching Records. The purpose was to 'reach and touch hearts around the world.' For the next twenty years, he did just that by producing and releasing multiple projects on his label that gained national and international attention and recognition, including: A Woman's Journey (featuring Grammy Award Nominees Vickie Winans, Brenda Nicholas and of course a motivational testimonial from his own mother Cynthia Redmon), John Redmon & Friends: Faith, Love and Unity, Volumes 1, 1.1 (featuring BeBe and CeCe Winans, Daniel Winans, Phil and Brenda Nicholas and Grammy Award winner and soul icon Patti Labelle), S'Agapo (I Love You) - his first R&B / Pop Album which included covered the Whitney Houston classic "All At Once", and his biggest and most successful/notable single release Thank You Lord (Story of the Shunamite Woman) that was highlighted at a Jimmy Swaggart Easter Conference.
In 2015 he started The Piano Series under his label and not only recorded his Christmas Classics and Hymn Classics albums, but set up a tour to promote the records. Some of his special guest artists who dropped by to perform at his special events included George Sisneros, Ron McMillon and Thomas Dawson Jr of the Commodores. Redmon always made sure that a portion of the proceeds from any of his concerts went to support a charitable cause. His charm, professionalism, passion for both humankind and his music along with his disarming radiant smile and infectious laugh makes him a favorite amongst his audiences and fellow musicians.
Redmon has toured all over the United States and England with his inspirational messages found in both word, song, instrument and voice. He testifies and believes that his latter days are going to be greater than his past.
Awards and Recognitions
* 1987 Won 1st place for Abide in Him in the Trinity Chambers Songwriting Competition, and was performed by the Trinity Chambers Orchestra (Berkeley, CA)
* 1994 Winner of Hollywood Song Jubilee Silver Award for his co-penned tune, I'm a Miracle
* 1996 His co-penned tune I'm a Miracle performed on Paramount's Maury Povich Show by Patricia Daniels (AKA Peebah)
* 1997 Redmon's original patriotic tune America was given accolades and two thumbs up from Senator Dianne Feinstein
* 1999 Received the Golden Flame Award for Recording Excellence
* 2001 A Woman's Journey, featuring Vickie Winans, Brenda Nicholas and Sallye Jones, gets Editor's Pick on popular gospel website
* 2002 Six tracks from various Reaching Records' projects appear on AVON's compilation CD: Praise + Worship: 50 Songs of Inspiration
* 2009 John Redmon & Friends: Faith Love & Unity, Vol 1 nominated for Best Gospel Album at the 9th Annual Independent Music Awards
* 2009-2010 Inducted in Cambridge Who's Who Amongst Professionals, Executives and Entrepreneurs
* 2011 Te-Amo (I Love You) was semi-finalist in the R&B/Hip-Hop category for the Unsigned Only International Music Competition