Craig Davis has had two professions, finance/banking and photography and journalism, working in the United States, London and the south of France. Initially, Davis spent 17 years in the financial world. Following a long passion for sailing and photography, he left the corporate banking world in 1990 and turned to photography and journalism.
Photography and Journalism (1990 to present)
For the past 12 years, Davis has covered three major categories in photography and journalism, "races, places and faces." Specifically, this has included:
-Sporting events, in particular professional yacht racing and Formula One;
-Celebrity events, including the Cannes Film Festival, and the Laureus Sports Awards in Monaco;
-Well-known personalities including Sean Connery, Michael Douglas, Michael Jordan and Catherine Zeta-Jones;
-The outdoor and wintersports industries;
-Corporate communications projects for annual reports and promotions and brochures;
-Residential and commercial real estate in Europe and the United States.
His stories and photos have appeared in magazines and on covers worldwide, including, Boston Magazine, North Shore Magazine, The TV Guide, ShowBoats International, Reuters, and with many other publications through his agencies, in New York (Corbis) and DPPI in Paris.
Davis has offices in Marblehead, Massachusetts, close to Boston and near Nice and Monaco in the South of France. His work has appeared at the Nikon House in New York City and at the Mystic Seaport Museum in Mystic, Connecticut. Presently, he serves as the European and New England editor for Showboats International magazine.
General sporting events include:
* Formula One
* Historic Grand Prix
* Laureus Sports Awards
* Four America's Cups
* Whitbread (now called Volvo Ocean Race)
* BOC (Now the Around Alone Race)
Specific Sailing Events:
* Four America's Cups (photographer for Dennis Conner in 1995)
* Numerous Maxi Worlds
* The 50 Foot circuit
* Nautica US and World Youth Championships
* The Omega Match Race Circuit
* 1991-92 Moved to San Diego to cover the America's Cup. Had contracts with five magazines to provide coverage beginning one year prior to the Cup.
Seahorse Magazine (the Spy Diary), Yate-Spain, Mondo Barca-Italy, Kazi-Japan, and Boating New Zealand. Had one-man exhibitions at the America's Cup Museum, Nikon House in New York and at the Mystic Seaport Museum. . Worked with clients including: OMEGA, NAUTICA, LEWMAR, COORS, AMERICA3 and HARKEN.
Celebrities/Celebrity Events including:
* Four Cannes Film Festivals
* Five World Music Awards
* Three Laureus Sports Awards
* Michael Jackson
* Michael Jordan
* Sean Connery
* Sylvester Stallone
* Moncler apparel launch in the U.S.
* Snowsports Industries America (SIA) Trade Show in Las Vegas
Corporate Communications Work
* Corum Watches
* DuPont & Nemours
* Villas in France
* Houses and commercial properties in Massachusetts
* Numerous private yachts around the world
Davis has written for a respected group of magazines including:
* Batnytt, Segling (Scandinavia)
* Boote Exclusiv, Yacht and Boote (Germany)
* Kazi (Japan)
* Sailing World
* ShowBoats International
* The Robb Report
* Yacht Capital and Fare Vela (Italy)
* Yachting World and Seahorse (UK)
* Yate and Grand Esloras (Spain)