GIGMASTERS TOP MIME. ALL REVIEWS 5 STARS. The most versatile MIME SPECIALIST on this site.
1) FRENCH MIME.......2) REAL or ROBOT? (Mechanical Man).......3)'HUMAN STATUE'........4) HISTORICAL MIME........5) CHARLIE CHAPLIN .........6) MIME & MAGIC SHOW.
FRENCH-THEMED EVENTS......TRADE SHOWS.......FAIRS......FESTIVALS......COCKTAILS......WEDDINGS......PURIM EVENTS....FUND RAISERS......LIBRARIES.......SCHOOLS PRIVATE EVENTS.......NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL.
Affordable and flexible. Custom commissions. Se habla español. On parle français. Mwen pale kreyol.
PLEASE SEE MORE INFO ON THE WEBSITE.
'MIME' category was created by Gigmasters at Chris Yerlig's request. Probably the most experienced, and one of the few mime specialists, on Gigmasters for the whole nation.
THE SIX STYLES
1) The SILENT TREATMENT. Strolling mime entertainment in traditional white-face make-up and black and white attire. Silent interaction with guests. Comical imitations of passers-by. Ideal for large gatherings and celebrations. Ask about special costuming and additional performers.
2) REAL or ROBOT? Standing completely still for minutes on end, or moving like a mechanical man, people will ask "Is he real?" Some will be surprised to find what they thought was a robot is really alive! A memorable addition to any event with a circulating audience.
3) HUMAN STATUE. Costume and make-up designed to resemble stone or metal. Many character possibilities. Customized to your event.
4) 19th CENTURY PIERROT. All-white historic mime inspired by the movie 'The Children of Paradise.'
5) CHARLIE CHAPLIN. Star of the silent screen.
6) MIME & MAGIC COMEDY SHOW. Hilarious all ages show.
In the US Chris has presented his unique entertainment at private events, schools, libraries, hospitals, senior centers, fairs and festivals. He has been a regular feature of the Long Island Fair, NY and the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, NY. He played 'The Fool' in 'The Fool and the Flying Ship' for the Christmas Revels at the Hopkins Center, Dartmouth NH. He has worked extensively with Vermont's Northern Stage, coaching and directing summer youth theater and mime residencies. He has taught mime at the Pioneer Valley Performing Arts and Hartsbrook high schools. With Holyoke's Enchanted Circle Theater, he has taught school theater residencies and has performed in touring theater productions of 'Folktales from Japan', 'African Griot', 'Tales from Mother Russia', and 'Page to Stage.' Chris is also a guest consultant for The Mime Enchanters, a young people's mime troupe on Long Island NY, and with whom he performs at the Bowery Poetry Club, NY, NY.
Abroad, he has toured the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and the African nations of Cameroon, Benin and Morocco, with Project Troubador, presenting health education, school and orphanage programs. He has performed with Circus America at the Olympic Games Pan-Athenic Festival in Athens, GA and in Puerto Rico he played circus clown for Circo Mundial as well as directing their Clown Doctor Program, which visited hospitals and disabled centers. In 2007 Chris returned to the Dominican Republic, spent seven weeks in Japan performing at the Huis Ten Bosch theme park, and was invited by the Chinese government to perform at the month-long Kimtom International Clown Festival, Shanghai. He has travelled to El Salvador, Guatemala, and India with Magicians Without Borders eo perform shows and present workshops to at-risk youth.