Professional, Talented, Unique -The Herreras are a new generation of spanish guitarists. This dynamic guitar duo's sound ranges from a romantic and soothing tone for your Cocktail Hours, Catering Halls and Restaurant Events to a more up beat rhythm that will cheer up the crowd in Private Parties, Corporate Events, Festivals and Bars.
The Herreras play a variety of World Fusion tunes influenced by the styles of the great guitarists of this era such as, Gypsy Kings, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Strunz & Farah, Jesse Cook, Paco de Lucia, Ottmar Liebert etc..
The Herreras are a Latin guitar group of talented musicians whose passion for music has no limits or boundaries. Their genre can be classified as Latin Jazz, Latin Guitar or World. They strive to provide exceptional entertainment by doing what they love to do best; play with heart and soul.The group plays a variety of World Fusion tunes influenced by the styles of the great guitarists of this era such as Gypsy Kings, Strunz & Farah, Jesse Cook, Paco de Lucia and Rodrigo y Gabriela.
Performing together since 2009, the band was founded by Esteban and Sebastian as a guitar duo. During this time, they established the roots of their music and showcased their talent to local audiences. The friendly open mic nights proved to be essential. These local gigs helped to build their confidence. Soon enough they were hooked! The adrenaline of performing in front of a live audience, the interaction with the people around them and the connection between them and their fans gave their music purpose! Later in their journey, they frequented private events and performed at cocktail hours, festivals, galas, benefit concerts and fundraisers. Along the way, the band enhanced their abilities and built a repertoire of original material that in turn became the colorful tracks to their self produced debut album 'Noche' which means 'Night.'
They each have their own unique style of playing. While Sebastian is a guitar virtuoso using finger picking techniques that allow him to reach tremendous velocity in his playing, Esteban has developed a technique using a tear drop pick which allows him to swiftly cover the entire fret board with his high speed signature move "super sonic.”
The Herreras's music can perhaps be best described as original acoustic instrumental improvisational Latin guitar music, or Latin Jazz. Their music invites the listener to experience a colorful and passionate melody and an array of Afro-Caribbean beats, Latin American folk, and rumba flamenca influences that converge in an improvisational Jazz context.
Based in: New York / New Jersey
Musical Genre: World, Jazz - Latin guitar
Latest Release: Noche - April 25th 2014 (Debut Album)
Esteban Herrera - Spanish Guitar
Sebastian Herrera - Spanish Guitar
Matt Tietelman - Percussion
Mauricio Jimenez - Bass
Marco Herrera - Vocals and guitar
* Noche, 2014 , The Herrera Sound
Management: The Herrera Sound, New Jersey |
Reviews and Press
* "An awe inspiring live performance!" - Venue Newsletter
* “Don't be surprised if their rhythm gives you the urge to play air guitar!” - Corporate Company Magazine
* “Wow I'm blown away, these guys definitely worked hard to get where they have and are continuing to show the kind of music they can bring to people.” - Guitarist
* “I witness a band that is on fire right now in accomplishing their goals back to back. The element that strikes the Herrera's differently than any other is their passion for this line of work. The effort put into good quality music is incredible.” - Fan
* “I can't thank them enough for the amazing job they did.. My guests were amazed at the talent.” - Veronica R.
* “The Herreras were amazing. They wowed the crowd at our event. They earned our highest recommendation.”- Jaime P
* “I was thrilled with The Herreras! I booked them just a week prior to my New Years Eve party, and they were gracious, responded promptly to my inquiries, and accommodated my needs. On the evening of the event, they showed up on time and looking very sharp! These are two fantastic looking gentleman. When they began playing, I couldn't have been more pleased. They sounded fantastic and set the mood perfectly. Many of my guests were professional musicians, and everyone raved about the Herreras performance. I wish I had booked them to play longer! Overall a fantastically positive experience--Highly Recommend!” - Valery U
* “The band was great. They're all so nice and the music is fantastic!“- Megan W
* “I cannot put to words how great they were. Absolutely brilliant.” - Michael H