I am a professional guitarist, with over 10 years of experience as a performing and recording artist, with well rounded musical and Ivy League education, including extensive studies in Spain under the tutelage of the great guitar master Gerardo Núñez and performances at the premiere venues of Scottsdale and Metro Phoenix.
My expertise includes live music and entertainment for: private events and corporate events, weddings, ceremonies, background music, cocktail hours, restaurants, resorts, casinos, anniversaries, festivals, and concert venues.
My repertoire exceeds 8 hours, spanning 5 genres, including beautiful guitar originals and covers in: Traditional and Modern Spanish/Flamenco, Nuevo Flamenco, Brazilian, Jazz, Latin, Pop, and Classic Rock, on both acoustic and electric guitar. I can perform solo, as well as enhance my music with custom-created backing tracks, arranged meticulously in my studio. I also provide state-of-the-art sound and professional lighting to fit any size of event. I have signature collections of repertoire - "Spanish Nights in the Desert," Acoustic Fusion," "Sonoran Wind" and more, to provide a distinctive ambiance to the event. Expect impeccable guitar playing, excellent sound, and the utmost professionalism. Should you choose to hire me, you're getting one of the most experienced musicians in the state.
My music is influenced by Al Di Meola, Paco de Lucia, George Benson, Santana, Eric Clapton, Ottmar Liebert, Jesse Cook, Gipsy Kings, Alex Fox, The Beatles, The Eagles, Kansas. See a partial list of the songs I perform with over 100 examples. Listen to the sample music on my page, which I personally performed and recorded. The songs on my recent CD VIAJES have been produced and recorded at Saltmine Studios in Arizona, one of the most prestigious recording studios in the US. I play both the lead and the rhythm guitar together with some of the finest musicians in Arizona.
I have created hundreds of memorable experiences across the valley, from critically acclaimed restaurant hotspots, to Five Diamond resorts and prestigious concert venues. Notable performances:
- For the former Defense Minister of Israel at Wrigley Mansion, Phoenix AZ
- For The Spanish Ambassador to the United States at Omni Scottsdale Resort at Montelucia
- The Mexican Embassy in Phoenix, AZ
- Mazda Motor Corp. at Sanctuary Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
- Applied Imaging at Sanctuary Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
- Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale AZ
- El Chorro, Paradise Valley, Los Cedros, USA, Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West, AZ
- Blush International Rosé Festival at the Clayton House, Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Tempe Center for the Arts, Orpheum Theater Flagstaff, Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix
- The Phoenician Resort, Scottsdale Princess Resort, Biltmore Resort, Hilton Sedona Resort, Omni Scottsdale Resort at Montelucia
- Sound Bites Grill, Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village - Sedona AZ
- Four Seasons Resort, Scottsdale - performing live
- Featured musician at 7th Annual Masquerade Ball GALA, Scottsdale AZ
- Opening musician for the Phoenix concert of legendary Bulgarian folk singer, Valya Balkanska, whose voice is on the Voyager Spacecraft Golden Record, sent to space in 1977.
Some of my clients' comments:
"Truly an amazing musician!" Blush International Rosé Festival, Scottsdale, AZ
"...rest assured Alex is amazingly talented and does not disappoint. Listen to the sounds of Spain" Musica De Espana, Sedona, AZ
"Totally amazed with this young artist! I would have never guessed that a simple “going out for a beer” evening would turn out to be such an inspiring Flamenco night! We are definitely going back. Thank you, Alex, for a beautiful Flamenco night." Demi Karalis, Glendale AZ