Cakewalk plays fun, danceable music from the 60's to current hits, including but not limited to Soul, Funk, R&B, Disco, Pop, Rock and Country. Their sincere love of music shows in the way this group entertains the crowd and keeps them dancing all night with song after song of danceable grooves like "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars, "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor, "Signed Sealed Delivered" by Stevie Wonder and "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire.
At any given event this 6 piece (we recently added a female singer!) has something for everyone with 5 singers doing 4 part harmonies, bass, drums, keyboards, electric and acoustic guitars, and harmonica.
What we provide:
- Popular, fun music that everyone loves to dance to
- All of the equipment including pro sound system, stage and dance floor lighting
- DJ service before the band starts and between live music sets
- Professional, punctual, and reliable service
- A memorable night of laughs, dancing, and good times
If you're hiring us for a wedding we can also provide the following:
- acoustic duo or trio during cocktail hour or dinner or both
- free consultation with you and your wedding planner
- use of wireless microphone and sound system for your MC and speeches
We could wax rhapsodic about Cakewalk enough to fill a whole encyclopedia, but don't worry - we won't! Here's what you need to know:
1. The fellas are professional, friendly, organized, and a pleasure to do business with
2. Their energy and stage presence is AWESOME
3. They do a great job of reading the audience and getting everyone into the groove
4. Their repertoire is funky, varied, and fun; they played songs that had everyone at our wedding from 5 to 78 dancing all night
5. Oh, and on top of all that, they sound amazing!
We're considering getting married again just so we can ask them back ;)
Hire them. Cakewalk will take your wedding from "Well, that was nice," to "That was the best wedding I've ever been to!"
- Lee and Ted (Wedding August 2014)
"That's the first time I've danced with my wife in over 10 years. You guys are playing all the right stuff"
- Legendary Canadian musician Jerry Doucette
Hello Kirk, Sky, Phil, Darren and Evans
Thank you so much you for an another awesome evening. You guys are so much FUN!
This party is always the highlight of our year...and the music and food and the weather could not have been better!!!
We received so many lovely notes and photos from our friends - especially the die hards who danced and kept you playing beyond the scheduled time.
We look forward to having the 5 of you play for us again.
- Joanne and Chris (Private party August 2014)
The fantastic and funky band Cakewalk kept Greendale up all night on Sunday with their tunes!
We had so much fun dancing and singing the night away on the farm.
Thank you to these great fellows for providing their time and energy to make such a memorable party for our family and friends.
- Greendale Herb and Vine (Outdoor wedding August 2014)
“Thank you Cake Walk for playing at my parent's 50th Anniversary. We had 4 generations dancing on the dance floor! You guys were fantastic!! Your professionalism, flexibility, and sense of humour were very appreciated.”
- Teresa Walker
“You guys were so amazing to listen to and dance to tonight at Rhino's pub in Coquitlam! You really made my New Year's Eve, because I went wanting to dance...a lot! And you did not disappoint! All the favorites; everything an audience could want. Where are you playing next for the public? Just dying to spread the word about you and bring people. Please let me know asap?”
- Mollie Small (New Years Eve at Rhino's Pub)
“Hello to Sky, Kirk, Phil, Evans, and Darren! We wanted to write and thank a huge "thank you" to each and every one of you for coming out, setting up, playing such great music, and helping to make this party such a success. We enjoyed your music, musicianship, professionalism, easy going attitude, and friendliness. Everybody who came out extolled the virtues of Cakewalk, and believe me, everybody had a great time. ”
- Joanne Bays
“Just wanted to tell you how much Ted and I enjoyed the show. We had SUCH a good time dancing. You guys play great tunes and you have an awesome stage presence that was so much fun to watch. Thanks so much We look forward to groovin' with Cakewalk again soon! Cheers,”
- Lee McMordie (+Ted!) (New Year's Eve 2014)