***WINNER OF "TOP NATIONAL GUITARIST" ON GIGMASTERS, "BEST OF WEDDINGS" ON THE KNOT & "BRIDE'S CHOICE AWARD" ON WEDDINGWIRE!****
My name is Jim Perona and thank you for visiting my Gigmasters page! Music is my passion, my profession, and I can't wait to share more about it with you! I've been performing at weddings, corporate parties, restaurants, private events, & much more FULL-TIME for over 7 years now & the clients have spoken - I am amongst the top-reviewed solo guitarists in the country!
What makes me stand out from the other performers is my unique ability to take any song and arrange it for solo guitar. This means that I can accommodate ALL musical requests, making your music options virtually limitless!
Additionally, my versatile performance repertoire spans over 500 years of music covering the Renaissance, Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras as well as hits from the past 60 years. From Bach to the Beatles, I play it all. Just listen for yourself as I skillfully turn any song into an instrumental guitar piece by retaining its familiar melody and harmony while gaining a charming elegance that is beautifully suited for any occasion!
Because of the versatility in my repertoire, my act is compatible with virtually every type of event. I am enthusiastically ready, willing and able to perform at any event: Weddings, cocktail hours, receptions, civil unions, rehearsal dinners, retirement home recitals, birthday parties, anniversaries, seasonal holiday parties, wine tastings, and more! Any time, any place, you name it and I will be there!
***MY MUSICAL JOURNEY***
I was born to be a musician. As the youngest of 6 kids in a very musical family, I was completely mesmerized watching my older brothers play in their bands. In fact, on the days they had a gig, I'd scramble to finish my homework so I could have the chance to see them perform. After being a mini-roadie for many years, I decided it was time to be a part of the action. I started taking guitar lessons and, at the age of 11, found my calling and developed a deep passion for guitar. In 2008, I earned a Bachelor's Degree in Classical Guitar Performance from Northern Illinois University, where I had the incredible opportunity to study with modern guitar virtuoso Fareed Haque, the 2009 award recipient of "Best World Guitarist" from Guitar Player Magazine. In 2010, I received my Master's Degree in Classical Guitar Performance from New England Conservatory, where I had the amazing fortune of studying with world-renowned guitarist Eliot Fisk (winner of the 1980 International Guitar Competition, founder of the Boston Guitarfest and close friend and student of classical guitar great Andres Segovia). I feel so blessed to have been mentored by some of the best in the world and truly believe they have fully educated me to become one of the most versatile, accomplished guitarists around!
***TOP 10 REASONS TO HIRE JIM PERONA***
10. VOLUME CONTROL - The volume of my music is guaranteed to be loud enough to hear and enjoy, yet soft enough to have a comfortable conversation from 10 feet away!
9. PORTABILITY - Just me and my guitar (and usually some amplification, too), which means I can move from room to room with ease!
8. AFFORDABLE - Say good-bye to cutting hefty checks split among quartets and big bands and hello to me, myself and I!
7. DEDICATED - Above and beyond service with a smile. Will do just about anything to ensure you and your loved ones have the time of your lives. The sky's the limit!
6. PASSIONATE - Plenty of heart and drive. I respectfully treat you with the upmost care and will be there for you moment-by-moment!
5. HARD WORKING - Your happiness is number one in my book and I will work around the clock in order to create a flawless performance custom-made just for you!
4. RELIABLE - You can always count on me to be prepared, show up early to events and return all correspondence in a timely manner.
3. TRUSTWORTHY - No surprises when it comes to me! I will honestly and ethically communicate with you every step of the way!
2. PROFESSIONAL - My vast experience and friendly persona will erase all the stress so commonly experienced from an event.
1. VERSATILE/UNIQUE - You deserve nothing but the best and it's my goal to give you the highest-quality service possible. I eagerly accommodate ANY and ALL musical requests and will masterfully turn it into a one-of-a-kind, unforgettable solo guitar performance of a lifetime!
Thank you so very much for visiting my profile. It is greatly appreciated. I would love to be a part of your next event, so please feel free to contact me at any time and I will be more than happy to accommodate your every need!
All the very best,