Hi! My name is Pete McDonnell; I am a caricature artist, freelance illustrator and cartooning instructor.
* A caricature is cool! It's unique! It's fun to watch! Why not give me a call? I'll add a zesty flavor to that next party dish you put together! Men will guffaw, women will glow, and kids will giggle! I bring a skilled hand and a desire to create good work to every drawing I do. I have drawn caricatures for many different clients at many kinds of venues. Some of my better-known clients include: Facebook, Twitter, Samsung, FedEx, Genentech, Thunder Valley Casino, Comerica Bank, Dry Creek Vineyards, Life Technologies, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards, Sonoma State University, & Trulia; I've also drawn at many Bay Area High Schools and for numerous other businesses, schools and private clients. I've drawn caricatures at Candlestick Park, at winerys, high schools, AT&T Park, on a yacht, at pool parties, weddings, grad nights, Bar Mitzvahs, company picnics, trade shows, small businesses, holiday parties, you name it!
* As an illustrator/cartoonist I have created illustrations, cartoons and storyboards hundreds of clients in the publishing, advertising, corporate and entertainment industries, including: Microsoft, EMC Storage, Hewlett-Packard, Chevron, T-Mobile, Morgan-Stanley, Target, Southwest Airlines, Neiman Marcus, Activision, Benefit Cosmetics, The Wall Street Journal, Popular Science magazine, Dark Horse Comics, and National Geographic for Kids magazine.
* If you're planning an event -- a birthday party, wedding, company picnic, grad night, Bar Mitzvah, corporate event, whatever -- consider hiring Pete McDonnell, a super-talented caricature artist that draws in a refreshingly fun and fabulous style! I generally will charge $100 to $175 an hour depending on the day (weekends and holidays are generally busiest), size and attendance of event, the distance I need to travel and how many hours you need me to work. I prefer a two hour minimum timeframe for a gig, if possible, but might give an exception if you're closer to home, which for me is Petaluma in Sonoma County.
* I have a style of caricaturing that's pleasing and friendly, as I can capture a likeness without being overly exaggerated or cartoony. I draw in a traditional style, and can also create a pre-printed graphic on the paper for your event at no extra charge. I draw on 9" X 12' paper for individual pictures and 11" x 14'" for couples or any kind of dynamic duos! I can draw about 15 black & white faces in an hour or ten in color.
* I have been a freelance illustrator & cartoonist for 25 years and have drawn caricature art for many corporate clients and businesses. If you have a concept for a company caricature, whether it be for an individual retirement gift or a shout-out to a team of employees, I can work with any idea you may have and deliver a digital illustration that can be sent to you or a service bureau via the internet which can be printed out as multiple copies. I can also create unique, one of a kind watercolor illustrations, suitable for framing, for the office wall or as a prized keepsake for retirement or as promotional gifts!