Nothing has dominated the news this week like Hurricane Irene, so in her honor we offer our list of top songs for a stormy wedding day, and of course, because it's always more fun, the least appropriate stormy day playlist as well!
Top 5 Stormy Day Wedding Songs
5. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets (no seriously, listen to it, it's a lovely song - plus it acts like musical Teflon. If you get another song stuck in your head, sing Rainbow Connection, the other song will be unstuck, but Rainbow Connection won't stick!)
4. Singin' in the Rain - from Singing in the Rain
3. Like a Hurricane - Neil Young
2. Stormy Weather - Billy Holiday
1. After the Storm - Mumford and Sons
Top Five Least Appropriate Songs for a Stormy Wedding Day
5. Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
4. Storm Music - Gil Scott Heron
3. Run (I'm a Natural Disaster) - Gnarls Barkley
2. Purple Rain - Prince
1. Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
Looking for more great wedding song ideas? Check out our weekly playlist suggestions, or visit our Wedding Resource Guide!
There are so many more great storm and rain songs, what would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments!