Twine, mason jars and cowboy boots aren't the only elements of a country-themed wedding. A great playlist is the key to have guests shakin' in their boots!
To help you compile a country wedding playlist, we've asked some of our top country wedding bands for their most frequently requested songs. From classics, to new hits, to the sentimental first dance, you'll find inspiration for your own wedding playlist!
Most Popular "Classic" Songs
- Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
- Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
- The Dance - Garth Brooks
- Crazy - Patsy Cline
- Silver Wings - Merle Haggard
Most Popular "New" Songs
- Wagon Wheel (Cover) - Darius Rucker
- Crash My Party - Luke Bryan
- Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band
- Hey Pretty Girl - Kip Moore
- Cruise - Florida Georgia Line
Most Popular First Dance Songs
- God Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
- Cowboys and Angels - Dustin Lynch
- Amazed - Lonestar
- God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton
- Give It All We Got Tonight - George Strait
Country band members tell us that set lists often range from tried and true country to modern musical tastes. "People we've met tend to have broad musical tastes - even if we're playing modern country with Lady Antebellum songs, they'll also have Macklemore on the iPod between sets," shares the DoveLand Band. The Kaela Gardner Band also notes the popularity of rock-country and pop-country music at their wedding gigs. "Eric Church, Taylor Swift, The Band Perry and Luke Bryan are the biggest artists we get song requests for!"
But perhaps the best thing to keep in mind is what the Mason Rivers band points out: "The focus has shifted from traditional wedding songs to to personal preferences and just having fun!" After all, this is your wedding, so let your personal tastes shine!