At GigMasters, we love giving back to our community just as much as we love parties! That’s why a few weeks ago, we asked non-profit organizations and charities to describe their “Party with a Purpose” for the chance to win a prize package worth over $1200.
Today, we’re pleased to announce the Party with a Purpose Semi-Finalists, and your opportunity to vote for the winner. We received so many thoughtful, moving submissions. While all of the entries vary greatly, each one is touching and wonderful. You can read the full event descriptions and view the pictures by visiting each of the blogs. Read carefully, and make your decision.
How To Vote:
- Leave your vote in the comments below (on THIS Semi-Finalists blog post).
- One vote per person please!
- Voting ends Friday, June 15th at 12pm EST.
- The final winner will be notified by email and announced on June 18th.
1. PKD Foundation – Connecticut Chapter’s Walk for PKD: This annual walk raises money for the PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) cause and spreads hope to all of those that are affected by this disease. The organizer also shares her personal story of struggle with PKD.
2. Kelsey S. Harrington Foundation hosts an annual fundraiser to help special needs children and their families. This foundation was created in honor of one brave little girl who lost her life, Kelsey S. Harrington.
3. Boys and Girls Club of South Puget Sound hosted a Dining with the stars Celebrity Chef Gala. This event included a lively dinner and auction complete with costumes and fun. All proceeds went to benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
4. Florida Hospital Waterman Foundation hosted their 9th Annual Red Hat Luncheon. This elaborate event raised money to for the Cancer Institute and the Heart Center at Florida Hospital Waterman.
5. EMJC Sisterhood hosted a Purim Party to benefit The Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation. The party was held in memory of Ayelet, a toddler who lost her battle with bone marrow disease. The event raised money and awareness so others could have a second chance at life.
6. Operation Ooh-Rah benefits the military and hosts fundraisers that raise money to purchase Care Box items for soldiers.
7. Announce All Occasions hosted an event for the Just 1 Foundation. This event helped youth improve themselves by pulling up their grades and excelling academically.
These wonderful organizations are competing for over $1200 in prizes (including a $250 charitable donation and $300 credit to GigMasters). We are also offering great prizes from StickerMule and StepandRepeatLA.
Leave your vote in the comments below by Friday, June 15th at 12pm EST.