Recently a bride wrote in to our Ask the Expert column for advice on how to make sure her small budget didn't limit the amount of dancing people did at her wedding. I pointed out that DJs tend to be less expensive than bands and gave some tips on how to work with your budget. But the real key to get people dancing though is to make sure you have music that gets them on the floor. The writers of one of our sister blogs, Inside the Gig, love to talk to bands and DJs and get their ideas for great playlists. Here's one from cover band SugaDaddy Band.
1. LMFAO, “Sexy And I Know It”
2. Guns N’ Roses, “Sweet Child O’ Mine”
3. Flo Rida, “Right Round”
4. Notorious B.I.G., “Mo Money Mo Problems”
5. Nicki Manaj, “Starships”
6. Def Leppard, “Pour Some Sugar On Me”
7. Pitbull, “The Anthem”
8. Rihanna, “Only Girl (In The World)”
9. Taio Cruz, “Dynamite”
10. Jennifer Lopez, “On The Floor”
If you're a wedding or entertaining professional, make sure to check out Inside the Gig.