World Music Band from Cincinnati, OH - Will travel up to 500 miles
MEMBER SINCE 2014
$250 - $1000
Medieval and Renaissance band and also soloists, Duos, Trios and full band with vocalist. We perform at museums, concert series, weddings, house concerts, libraries
Our musicians have years of experience in historic performance; most are graduates of the Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music. We use a combination of musicians from The Noyse Merchants and The Shakespeare Band to provide soloists up to full ensembles bands to play at your event or wedding! We play authentic music on historical reproductions of museum instruments. modern guitars or other modern instruments are never used. We are proud to present historically-informed performances on authentic period reproduction instruments.
We have all played locally at The Cincinnati Art Museum, The Christ Church Concert Series and most of our players have national and international resumes.
early music program options:
1. Solo -- Elizabethan lute.
2. vocalist and Lute -- Some of the best known songs from Shakespeare's plays and Renaissance England.
3. The Shakespeare Pair -- Lute music paired with Shakespearean texts. see video
4. Two Lute players and a soprano -- Both lute players are multi-instrumentalists and incorporate Renaissance guitar and flute.
5 Noyse Merchants Band -- Lute, woodwinds, percussion and Hurdy-gurdy -- Lots of fun with this group. Some medieval, Renaissance and Celtic tunes too.
6. Same as five but add a singer and Oh! -- do we have a great singer!
Non-wedding 40-60 minute programs begin at $250.00 for a soloist, $400.00 for duos, trios at$ 600 and full band at $850.00.
Weddings are difficult to estimate and give a final price because there are so many variables including time needed and travel. Email us and let's talk about your needs. If you have a specific budget and would like to discuss please let's talk
Tell us what your needs are and we will be happy to discuss a budget.
Yes, we will travel and costumes are available for an extra fee.
Basic questions we will be asking: (Feel free to cut and paste these into an email and send it to: tangoatfusedotnet.)
?Wedding music questions for quotes:
1. Would you like music for the ceremony only or for both the ceremony and the reception?
2. Would you like pre-ceremony music?
3. Do you have a cocktail hour? Would you like music for that?
4. How long is your reception?
5. How much time is there between the wedding and the reception and are they at the same location?
6. What is the date of your wedding?
7. Do you have special pieces of music that you would like?
8. In early music the standard wedding processional music usually didn't exist. We would be happy to make suggestions. Yes, we can do Pachelbel's Canon.
9. Would you like a singer?
10. Where is your wedding and reception?
11, How many guests will you have?
12. Is there electricity available at the locations(s)?
13. Is the event indoors and if it's not is there shelter for the musicians
14, Do you have special costume requests for us? (we can supply Renaissance costumes for a small extra fee.)
15. Would you like a soloist, duo,trio, or 5 piece band with singer? Singer can also be a duo with a lute or trio.
16. Do you have a budget you would like to tell us about upfront? We can make recommendations accordingly.
Please note Medieval and Renaissance band and soloists will also travel to Clifton, Terrace Park, Miamiville, Amelia, Batavia, Melbourne, Milford, Mount Saint Joseph, Camp Dennison, Silver Grove, Miamitown, Ross, Fort Thomas, Hooven, New Richmond, Dayton, Hamilton, Highland Heights, Kings Mills, Loveland, New Haven, Owensville, Shandon, Bellevue, Goshen, Newport, Newtonsville, Alexandria, Covington, Overpeck.