WHY TO HIRE US?
We are Yaisuri Salamanca and John Hernan Raigosa, a professional tango couple directly from Buenos Aires to NYC and NJ with 15 years of experience in all type of events across the world.
Our services include:
- Teaching private/group lessons, and workshops.
- Choreographing and performing.
- Training professional and amateurs dancers for competitions.
We can also:
- Hire talent and create custom activities for your events.
- Create special event packages, and extend special rates to agents.
We are currently based in New York City, and we are available for traveling to any part of the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A high-quality traditional Tango Show which includes Tango, Milonga and Vals. We can dance with our own music or with a live orchestra. More dancers can be hired under request. A typical show would last 20 to 40 minutes and would include from 3 to 6 different dances. Sometimes, depending on the event we teach a group lessons of 30 minutes to the guests to entertain them before the performance. The audience is always touched with our charisma, musicality and energy.
WHO WE ARE
Yaisuri Salamanca and John Hernan Raigoza are an award-winning professional Argentine tango couple with more than 15 years of performing experience. They dance with explosive strength, playful creativity, and a powerful emotional connection. Their style is firmly grounded in authentic tango learned from Argentine masters enhanced by technique gained from training in ballet, jazz and Latin dance. It is this dynamic style that earned Yaisuri and John third place in the stage tango category at the 2008 Tango World Championship in Argentina and has captivated audiences on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Together and separately they have performed as featured dancers in major tango shows in Buenos Aires, New York City, and London, as well as at a variety of events in the United States and Latin America. In addition to their performing prowess, Yaisuri and John are experienced teachers who are passionate about sharing their knowledge of tango with dancers of all levels.
Yaisuri was a principal dancer in the 2012-2013 West End production of the musical Midnight Tango in London, England, and has also danced with a major South American tango dance company. Her training in classical ballet, salsa and traditional South American folk dances has enriched both her dancing style and technique.
John started dancing tango in Buenos Aires in 1997, where he studied with highly respected tango masters. He has partnered with several talented dancers and performed in popular Buenos Aires tango shows such as Sabor a Tango and Voz Tango. His personal style is based in traditional tango and informed by training in theater, contemporary dance, jazz, and salsa.
- Won Third Place World Tango Championship, Buenos Aires, 2008.
- Won Fifth Place World Tango Championship, Buenos Aires, 2007.
- Won First Place World Tango Championship, Colombia, 2007.
- The United Nations Gala, New York, 2015.
- Monk Tango Concert, Flushing Town Hall, 2015.
- FIT International Dance Festival, New York, (phone number hidden).
- Thalia Spanish Theatre Production, New York, (phone number hidden).
- Malbec Tango House Dinner Show, New York, 2014.
- Toronto Tango Summit, Canada, 2014.
- DC Tango Festival 2014, Washington, 2014.
- New York Tango Festival 2014, New York, 2014.
- DC Bachata Congress, Washington, 2014.
- From Tango to Salsa with Cali Salsa Pal' Mundo, New York, 2014.
- Tango Recuerdo with Mariela Franganillo, New York, 2014.
- Stardust Weekend, New York, 2014.
- West End Theaters in London, England, (phone number hidden).
- Performed in West End theaters, London, (phone number hidden).
- Midnight Tango Tour, United Kingdom, (phone number hidden).
- Sabor a Tango and Voz Tango Dinner Show, Buenos Aires, (phone number hidden).
- Tango Palace Dinner Show, Buenos Aires, (phone number hidden).
- Staff members at Stepping Out Studios, New York, (phone number hidden).
- Washington DC Tango Festival, 2014.
- Taught and Performed at milongas in Buenos Aires such as El Beso, El Yeite, - Porteño y Bailarín, and La Viruta, (phone number hidden).
- Individual workshops in Argentina, Ecuador, Brasil, Colombia, United Kingdom, and USA, (phone number hidden).
- The Harvard School of Public Health Tango Club, Cambridge, 2012.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Tango Club, Cambridge, 2012.
- Workshops by tango masters: Julio Balmaceda, Claudio Gonzales, Gabriel Misse, Fernando Galera, Martin Ojeda, Guillermina Quiroga, Alejandra Martinian, Chicho and Juana, Graciela Gonzales, Aurora Lubiz, Olga Besio, and Vilma Vega, (phone number hidden).
- History of tango and evolution at Argentinian Tango School, Buenos Aires, 2009.
- York College Theater, New York, 2010.
- Ballet training at Joffrey Ballet School, New York, 2015.