Spending on Children's Parties Has Held Strong Despite Weak Economy
According to a new report compiled by entertainment booking service GigMasters.com, the average amount spent on children's party entertainment has held strong over the last few years.
“It's great to see that even with a weak economy, parents are still focused on celebrating life's biggest moments,” says GigMasters Marketing Manager, Nicole Steeger. “Birthdays, mitzvahs and sweet sixteens' are those milestone occasions that are worth investing in — the memories made are priceless.”
Here are the highlights from the GigMasters report, noting the most up-to-date and fascinating children's party trends:
- 62% of parents in the Northeast plan their child's party at a venue (such as an arcade, play-space, bowling alley, etc.) vs. 20.8% of parents in the West.
- 98% of parents ask other parents to stay with their child when they attend a 1-3 year olds birthday party. Surprisingly, 85% of parents stay when their child is attending a party for a 7-10 year old.
- Party City is the most popular retailer for purchasing kids' party supplies.
- Party planning clients report that bounce houses are the most popular party rental booked for children's birthday parties.
- Over the past two years, more costumed characters have been hired in California than all other states combined.
- The average dollar amount spent on bar and bat mitzvah entertainment has increased 29% from 2010 to 2011. DJs, caricaturists and live bands are the most popular form of mitzvah entertainment.
GigMasters' report comes from an analysis of over 8,000 children's parties booked in 2010 and 2011 along with a recent survey of clients who used GigMasters to book children's party entertainment. For the complete report, email email@example.com.
GigMasters regularly provides local and national data sheets on holiday, wedding and other entertaining trends to newspapers, bloggers and other media outlets.
GigMasters is the number one event entertainment booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right entertainment for every event. By combining the efficiency of the web with the personal touch of a private event planner, GigMasters has helped facilitate more than 150,000 bookings. With the Internet's largest nationwide database of client-rated entertainers for live music and variety entertainment, GigMasters boasts 10,000 performers including live bands, DJs, wedding musicians, celebrity impersonators, balloon twisters, stand-up comedians, jazz trios, bagpipers, string quartets, soloists and more. The site, founded in 1997 by Kevin Kinyon and Michael Caldwell, attracts over 25,000 daily visits* throughout North America. GigMasters is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, TRUSTe, and is also a DigiCert secured website. For more information, please visit http://www.gigmasters.com.
*Source: Google Analytics