Author and Speaker Sumi Mukherjee published his first book titled “A Life Interrupted – the story of my battle with bullying and obsessive compulsive disorder” in July 2011. His second book published in July 2014, is titled “Father Figure – my mission to prevent child sexual abuse”. His third book on “Workplace Bullying” will be released in 2016. Since October 2011, Sumi has been speaking to hundreds of people around the country so others can benefit from his stories. Sumi has spoken to family members, caregivers, service providers, students, teachers, counselors, administrators, social workers, mental health professionals, parents, the business community, and the general audience. He has spoken at schools, colleges, universities, business organizations, religious organizations, bullying prevention conferences, professional training events, other professional conferences and conventions, youth group meetings/conferences, domestic violence/sexual abuse/mental health awareness events. His presentations are broadly focused on cultural diversity and social justice with specific focus on long-term impact of bullying, issues associated with workplace bullying, and on prevention of child sexual abuse. Sumi was born in Calgary, Canada, and grew up in Minnesota, USA.
Sumi also works with a highly experienced workshop facilitator to provide half-day or all-day training sessions/workshops to corporations for employee/management development as well as to schools/colleges/universities for staff development. These sessions are typically tailored for 16 -24 participants and include some presentations and some guided breakout work sessions. These sessions can also be customized to meet the specific requirements of an organization.
Sumi has spoken extensively all over Minnesota as well as in a number of other states around the country such as Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. He has also spoken in Montreal, Canada, in April 2016.
The following are some of the topics for Sumi's presentations:
* Impact of bullying on mental health
* Long lasting psychological impact of bullying
* Cultural diversity – a strength that must be cultivated
* Bullying in the workplace must be prevented
* PTSD from bullying triggers obsessive compulsive disorder
* Improving our effectiveness in prevention of child sexual abuse
* Gaining control of your life by battling adversities
* Responsibilities in prevention of child sexual abuse
* Devastating psychological impact of bullying
* Responding to children at risk of possible sexual abuse
* Prevention of child sexual abuse – role of family members and service providers
* Overcoming obstacles to regain control of your life
* Effective response to workplace bullying
* Impact of bias-based bullying on mental health
* Acceptance of cultural diversity
* Understanding the bully – the key to prevention