From Concerts to Private Engagements, Classical to Contemporary, Solo to Ensemble, Harpist Anna Maria Mendieta performs all over the US and beyond. Versatile in all styles of music, she is happy to perform for you, whether it be a full multimedia concert-show, film or television, touring, recording sessions, corporate events, or a private party for two!
TOURS: Anna Maria Mendieta often performs on tour as a soloist and with her ensembles around the country and may be performing near you! Please inquire if she is in your area, where she would gladly perform for you! Please note: Gigmasters calendar does not reflect her concert calendar or private event schedule.
Anna Maria has 3 "home bases": San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Sacramento and is at ease traveling abroad.
Anna Maria Mendieta enjoys a busy career as a soloist, orchestral musician, recording artist and teacher. She is the principal harpist with the Sacramento Philharmonic and Opera and has performed with orchestras and chamber music groups across the country and abroad including the San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Ballet, Russian National Orchestra, the Russian State Ballet, Orquesta Sinfonica y Coro JMJ (Madrid), with reviews published internationally by The American Symphony Orchestra League as an "exceptional and charismatic soloist". She has performed for Pope Benedict XVI, President Clinton, President Gorbachev, the King and Queen of Spain; for National Hispanic Week in Washington D.C., World Youth Day events in Madrid, and for a special concert for the Pope at the Vatican in Rome.
With many albums to her credit, Anna Maria has appeared in movies, television, NPR, and the Emmy Awards. She has performed with celebrities including Frederica von Stade, Josh Groban, Frank Sinatra Jr., Johnny Mathis, Olivia Newton John, Moody Blues, Fernando de la Mora, Charlotte Church, and Barry Manilow, who calls her his "favorite harpist".
Her creation of "Tango del Cielo" (Tango from Heaven), a national touring concert-show, is especially entertaining and is the focus of a documentary film. When she's not pulling strings, Anna Maria is out on the dance floor as a part of the show!
HARPS, ATTIRE, EQUIPMENT:
* Ms. Mendieta has several harps of various styles and sizes from elegant Concert Grands to graceful Celtic & Folk Harps available.
* Understanding that presentation is just as important as the musical performance, she coordinates with you on the manner of attire with an extensive collection of gowns and attire for themed events.
* If special equipment is necessary (big or small) such as stage/platform, dance floor, lighting & sound, etc., she is happy to accommodate.
In addition to playing solo, Anna Maria has several musical groups:
* Harp Duo (2 Harps)
* Harp & Voice (all styles)
* Harp & Flamenco (with dance)
* Harp, Violin & Voice - "Aria Bella Trio" (all styles)
* Harp with Flute, Violin, Cello - Duo, Trio, Quartet (all styles)
* Harp, Flute, Viola Trio - "Madronia Trio" (Classical)
* Larger ensembles (6-12+) such as the "Tango Del Cielo" (Tango of Heaven) concert-show featuring Harp, Strings, and Percussion playing Spanish Classical, Latin Jazz, Argentine Tango & Flamenco. A unique theatrical music & dance program.
PRIVATE EVENT CLIENTS INCLUDE:
Francis Ford Coppola
Charlotte & George Schultz, Secretary of State
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
SF Opera & SF Ballet - Soloist for Opening Night Galas
California State Capitol events, Sacramento, CA
SF City Hall, for the Mayor's Office & high profile events
KQED - Public Television