Jack and Kitty are an Emmy Award winning musical duo specializing in organic vaudeville and jug band folk. Based in Minnesota, they love to perform concerts nationwide and play a variety of folk instruments including: banjo, guitar, ukulele, washboard, jug, kazoo, harmonica and much more. The Minneapolis Star Tribune hailed them as "one of the most entertaining groups in the midwest."
Co-creators of a successful children's television show which aired on over 150 PBS member stations nationwide, the husband and wife duo have a show great for families with preschool and elementary age children.
Jack and Kitty are an Emmy Award winning, husband and wife musical duo that specializes in “organic vaudeville folk”.
This page focuses on their work for children. Their live concerts are available in several formats to accommodate a wide range of budgets.
Prior to their work as full time professional touring musicians, the couple worked as preschool teachers and all of their children's songs were created in the classroom. The TV series they co-created is now seen daily by nearly five million viewers on over 150 PBS member stations nationwide as well as in 174 countries via the Department of Defense operated AFN Family Channel.
Jack and Kitty tour internationally – performing an average of 300 concert events annually. They are based in Minneapolis. They have toured the globe performing for the Pentagon – playing shows for families of US Military personnel stationed in Europe, the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
Jack and Kitty perform at a wide range of venues – from theaters to performing arts centers, fairs, festivals, malls, libraries and more. Recent tour highlights include: the US Embassy International School (Amman, Jordan), The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington DC) and the Mall of America (Bloomington, MN).
Celebrity fans seen at their concerts include: Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Brad Paisley, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, members of Kings of Leon and Mike Wolfe – star of the hit TV show, “American Pickers”.
Parent Magazine named the duo, “Nashville's #1 Children's Entertainers” (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010), and KidzBop On Demand called them, “the hottest new preschool act in town!”
Most recently, Jack and Kitty were thrilled to hear that First Lady Michelle Obama used their recording of “Tooty Ta” to dance with a group of youngsters. So fun!!
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US FOR YOUR NEXT KIDS EVENT
* Kids in the audience become the stars of the show!
* Children will be singing, dancing and hopping along!
* Fun and fully interactive!
Fun For All Ages:
* Developed for preschool and elementary age children
* Use of organic, acoustic music appeals to moms, dads and even some teens!
* Co-stars/co-creators are former teachers with a background in Early Childhood Education
International TV Success:
* Jack and Kitty's TV series is seen by nearly 5 million people in 174 countries daily
* In the United States, they are being broadcast on over 150 PBS member stations nationwide
* Broadcast by the Department of Defense on the AFN Family Channel to millions of US Military families worldwide
Award-Winning Success And Respect From The Industry:
* Emmy Award winners for “Best Children's Program” (2012)
* …and nominated for an additional five more Emmy Awards!
* Named “Nashville's #1 Kids Entertainers” by Parent Magazine (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)
* 100% artist-owned and totally independent…and we like it that way!
REVIEWS AND PRESS
"The most famous musicians in Nashville…if you are under five!"
(The Tennessean, 2011)
"One of the most entertaining acoustic groups in the Midwest."
(Minneapolis Star Tribune, 2013)
"The hottest new preschool act in town!"
(KidzBop On Demand, 2012)
"Organic, acoustic, honest and joy-filled. Kids love them as much as parents do."
"Just wanted to thank you once again for coming out to Oakdale last night and putting on the show for the youth and residents of Oakdale. Everyone had a blast! I saw the live Facebook stream Kitty did! What an awesome extra touch to make everyone feel like their part of something! You both were awesome!"
(Nathan Timmons, City of Oakdale Concerts, 2017)
"Just a big thanks to your entire team for making Saturday a HUGE success! You guys put on a great show and the kiddos loved every second."
(Jessica Roberts, Marketing and Sponsorship Director, The Mall At Green Hills, Nashville TN, 2015)