Abernathy Entertainment is a licensed full service DJ company for the Tallahassee, FL and surrounding areas. After 12 years DJ-ing in nightclubs, we are pleased to offer DJ services for private events, parties, and weddings. We provide free consultations and offer the following services:
* Music: For dancing, parties, cocktail hours, dinners, wedding ceremonies, outdoor events, and receptions
* School Appropriate Tracks: Specializing in current dance music that is both appropriate and free of explicit lyrics for all school functions.
* Lighting: Special effects and uplighting available
* Microphones: For special announcements, ceremonies, and receptions
* Line dances: Instruction offered in advance for clients wanting to perform line dances on their own or DJ-initiated line dances onsite at events
We offer a comprehensive library of the following music genres.
* Pop Music
* Southern and Classic Rock
* Booty Music
* 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's
* Theme Parties
* Popular Line Dance Songs
* School Appropriate Tracks
* Wedding Ceremony Music
* Cocktail Hour Music (Jazz, Instrumental)
* Military Ball Ceremonial Music
* Music for Parades and Athletic Events
What makes us unique?
We are professional DJs who absolutely love what we do! We are dancers by nature and music-lovers at heart, embracing all types of music with a keen understanding of what guests will dance to and what they won't. We don't just play music---we live it, through a continual and ongoing study of today's music trends and charts, resulting in brand new and exciting playlists that are unique for every client. We view each event as an opportunity to inspire audiences to tap their feet, sing along, and cut a rug on the dancefloor. We value you, our client, and work extremely hard to ensure your personality and preferences are embodied into the music that is played for your event. We strive to exceed expectations and execute a high level of fun and professionalism that will elevate your event to the next level!
A Little About Us
Tina Abernathy, Owner, DJ
Tina holds a bachelors degree in Public Relations, is an experienced corporate-level event coordinator, has over 20 years dance training, and is skilled at mixing music. By day she's a Federal contractor in the criminal justice field, but after hours she's the DJ behind the booth, executing digitally-driven sound. In addition to handling client relations and all aspects of the day-to-day business, Tina is a skilled line dance instructor offering lessons in advance and on-site.
Mickey Abernathy, Co-Owner, Emcee
Mickey worked as a professional DJ entertaining crowds of all sizes in the Tallahassee nightclub business for more than 12 years. By day, he's a regional salesman in the construction industry. As an emcee, Mickey demonstrates his creative and zany sense of humor, keeping audiences entertained and motivating guests onto the dance floor!
Melinda Porterfield, DJ
Melinda is the newest member of the Abernathy Entertainment family. She holds a bachelors degree in English, served for ten years as a high school teacher and guidance counselor, but is now a Federal contractor in the criminal justice field. Melinda brings a high level of enthusiasm and energy to the booth! Through her teaching experience, she is keenly knowledgeable of lyric appropriateness for school-sponsored and family events. Melinda also works as a house Karaoke DJ at the SkyBox Lounge in Crawfordville, FL.