As an 18 year DJ, Halo started DJing local bars in Long Island while attending Hofstra University and continues to prefer performing with 2 turntables and a mixer for all his gigs large or small. The tactile nature of using turntables is just so much more of a full experience to bring the party to you and your venue. HALO's love of diverse styles of music: Hip-Hop to House, Punk to Country, Top 40 to Underground, has made him one of the most unique performers out creating new music on the spot with just two turntables. effortless mixes of multiple genres and a great ability to read a crowd allows him to keep the most diverse dance floors packed.
HALO honed his special brand of turntablism, while touring the US and Europe with various hip-hop acts over the last 10 years while also independently booking solo DJ tours across the USA, Canada and Europe. Most recently doing 13 dates in UK, France, Germany & Switzerland January 2015. A 5X official performer @ SXSW, HALO has held DJ residencies in NYC, Brooklyn, CT, ME and currently holds 3 residencies in Oakland, CA.
In the last 5 years HALO has become a producer, focusing on remixes mostly, creating DJ friendly remixes and re-edits of mainstream and underground artists of all genres. HALO's genre defying remix work runs that gamut of Drum & Bass and Jungle to Hip-Hop and Dub that always keeps the vibe high energy. With the experience of a 4 year Audio/Radio Engineering degree, HALO has been producing a podcast, Subways & Sidewalks, once a month on for the last 4-5 years as well as a monthly mix show on UK based When not DJ-ing or producing, Halo is Label Manager of Fake Four Inc, a critically acclaimed and world renowned independent hip-hop record label.
- Has performed 2000+ show/DJ dates in all 48 continental states and worldwide (Canada, Mexico, UK, Ger, Czech, France, Netherlands, Switzerland).
- Has competed in Regional DMCs, Gong Show Battle, and various other local DJ in battles in Tri-state (NY, CT, NJ) and Bay Area.
- 5X Official performer at SXSW festival averaging 5-10 shows during SXSW week.
- Held DJ residencies at Knitting Factory (Manhattan, NY), Supreme Trading (Brooklyn, NY), Galapagos (Brooklyn, NY), Big Easy (Portland, ME), Barcelona (Norwalk, CT), Karma Lounge (NYC), Legion (Brooklyn, NY) and currently The Legionnaire (Oakland, CA), Bar 355 (Oakland, CA) and Ozumo (Oakland, CA).
- 10 years on air radio experience including hosting a morning drive show in Bridgeport, CT area market with 5-7k listenership.
- Performed over 200+ corporate events, private parties, and weddings.