VP of Account Services
GigMasters.com, based in South Norwalk, CT, is the leading event services booking company in North America. We are seeking a VP of Account Services with 10+ years of experience overseeing a sales/service team ideally in a digital/ecommerce environment. His/her most critical duties will be to mentor, motivate and inspire a team of talented, ambitious Account Specialists.
The Account Services team provides exceptional sales & account support to the over 20,000 party vendors who have registered with our online service. In addition, the Account Services team assists party planners in booking vendors for their most important events including weddings, corporate functions, and private parties.
- Lead, motivate, and inspire our Account Specialists to achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Further the brand of delivering wow level customer service.
- Develop strategies for maximizing the revenue potential of all phone, live chat, and email interactions.
- Serve as the top escalation point for the thorniest sales & customer services issues.
- Develop a scalable outbound sales strategy to work in conjunction with our existing inbound marketing, service, and sales model.
- Preserve and protect the strong relationship between GigMasters and its passionate member base of 20,000+ event professionals.
- Work closely with the Senior Operations Manager to drive adoption of the Sales & Customer Service CRM system, and other related technologies.
- Collaborate extensively with the Marketing & Tech departments to achieve overall company growth objectives.
- Serve as a member of the company's Leadership Team, reporting directly to the CEO and President.
- 10+ years of experience in a sales and/or account services leadership role with a substantial portion of that experience occurring in an ecommerce/digital environment.
- Prior experience selling New Media ad space and/or servicing accounts
- Top notch interpersonal & communication skills
- Proven track record of motivating a team to achieve aggressive sales goals
- Prior experience implementing employee sales incentive plans
- Expertise in one-call close sales techniques
- Ability to improvise and react quickly to ever changing business conditions
- Prior experience upselling in a "freemium" ecommerce model a major plus
- Tech and Internet Savvy
- Strong familiarity with a CRM system such as Sales Force, ZenDesk, or Microsoft Dynamics
- Bachelor's degree with a business concentration is required; MBA preferred.
Perks and Benefits
We're a tight-knit group. We hold regular company events, we believe in celebrating company milestones, and we hang together after work. Yes, we have a ping pong table, and we close early on Fridays in the summer, but it is teamwork, passion, and hard work that truly define us. Benefits include excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k matching after 90 days. Paid company smartphone after one year.
Let's do this!
Want to be our next VP of Account Services? Send us the following and get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including 5 things we should know about you
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position: Monday — Friday (with occasional weekend coverage as needed).