Internship in Web Development
You are obsessed with technology, programming and how things work. You are just as likely to be tinkering with the latest code language, working on your latest GitHub contribution or building gadgets with your Arduino board.
We are GigMasters.com, the number one event services booking company based in South Norwalk, CT. We are seeking an intern to join our technology team. As an Intern in web development, you will gain experience with the latest web, database and mobile application development technologies including Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, jQuery, and Knockout.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and most importantly a passion for web, mobile and database technology. Interns will have an opportunity to work alongside the development team, learning the practical application of code architecture, design and implementing in our fast paced agile environment.
GigMasters.com is the number one event entertainment booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right entertainment for every event. We’ve helped facilitate more than 180,000 bookings, including over 30,000 in 2012. The site was founded in 1997, so technically we're not a startup, but the youthful atmosphere, fast-paced work environment and regular happy hours kind of make us feel like one. Our office is in South Norwalk, Connecticut, close to the train station and a ton of great restaurants and bars. Visit GigMasters.com to Meet the Team and learn more about the talented people behind GigMasters.
What you'll do
- Participate in active software development for real production projects
- Test new features and major bug fixes to ensure they meet requirements and work as expected
- Report and track any issues discovered while testing
- Learn agile development including the elements of Scrum, Unit Testing, agile design, estimation and planning
What you bring to the table
- Must obsess about writing code
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Interested in Agile Development, UI/UX best practices, Product Management and QA
- A plus would be familiarity with programming, technology and getting things done
- Paid Internship:
- $12 per hour
- Unpaid Internship:
- The intern must receive academic credit through his/her university for their work and will receive a transportation stipend.
- Length of Internship:
- Flexible, approximately 15 hours per week
Let's do this!
Want to intern at GigMasters? Send Nikki-Lynn Boath the following to get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including 5 things we should know about you
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States.