- Internship (Part-Time)
- Posted 2/25/2014
- Apply Now
Do you love parties, music, and entertainment? Are you passionate about social networking and marketing? If yes, read on! GigMasters.com is seeking an intern to join its marketing team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn more about GigMasters and to help advance our social marketing and content efforts. Interns will have an opportunity to work alongside team members to gain exposure to various aspects of marketing and the event planning industry.
GigMasters.com is the number one event booking service, guiding party planners and hosts to the right vendors for every event. Since 1997, we've helped bring over 220,000 events to life! Headquartered in South Norwalk, Connecticut, our office is a short walk from the train station and a ton of great restaurants. If a fast-paced work environment, and youthful atmosphere sound ideal, this is the place for you.
What you'll do
- Identify and investigate real events booked through GigMasters
- Write highly effective content across various platforms (blogs, website, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Contribute to the growth of the company's visibility across social platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Vine
- Build and maintain lists and compile data as needed
- Research entertainment and marketing trends
- Assist with planning and production of GigMasters events
- Assist with various marketing projects
What you bring to the table
- A positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for social marketing
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Working toward or completed Bachelor's degree or higher
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Paid Internship: $12 per hour
Unpaid Internship: The intern must receive academic credit through his/her university
for their work and will receive a transportation stipend
Length of Internship: Part-Time
Let's do this!
Want to intern at GigMasters? Send us the following to get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including 5 things we should know about you
- Brief writing sample
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States.