Do your words pack power and punch? Does the idea of writing for the top party and event booking service sound like your dream come true?
GigMasters.com is seeking an experienced content marketer and skilled writer to join our creative team. As Editorial Director, you will be responsible for planning our editorial strategy, writing content, and overseeing the work of other writers on staff. The right candidate will have a background in web and promotional writing and a passion to join a fast-growing brand in the special events industry.
- Guide GigMasters' brand voice to reflect our "life of the party" mantra across all media
- Work closely with business leads and creative team to innovate communication concepts that engage our target audiences: professional event service providers/entertainers, event planners, and every-day party hosts
- Write highly effective content across various platforms (website/mobile, emails, newsletters, blogs, etc.)
- Use words efficiently to support a top-notch user experience at all touch points
- Create and manage an editorial plan that aligns with business growth objectives
- Use content and relationship-building to attract new audiences to GigMasters
- Oversee the writing of others on the team to ensure brand consistency and high quality
- Proactively support our internal communication needs
- Must possess 7+ years of experience in writing for the web
- Demonstrated ability in writing content that attracts high-quality, engaged site visitors
- High level of knowledge in SEO best practices
- Inherently a highly motivated, self-starter
- Superior writing skills and excellent command of grammar
- Versatile and clear style of writing
- Superb proofreading skills
- Experience with overseeing other writers and providing them with constructive feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively with marketing managers and graphic designers
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage own tasks as well as tasks of others
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in marketing, Communications, English or related area
Perks and Benefits
We're a tight-knit group. We hold regular company events, we believe in celebrating company milestones, and we hang together after work. Yes, we have a ping pong table, and we close early on Fridays in the summer, but it is teamwork, passion, and hard work that truly define us. Benefits include excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k matching after 90 days. Paid company smartphone after one year.
Let's do this!
Want to be our next Editorial Director? Send us the following and get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including 5 things we should know about you
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.