- Internship (Part-Time)
- Posted 2/25/2014
- Apply Now
Do you love parties, music and entertainment? Are you passionate about social networking and marketing? Do you believe in doing something you love for a living? If yes, read on! GigMasters.com is seeking an intern to join its marketing team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn more about GigMasters and to help assist our marketing efforts while gaining valuable career experience in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
GigMasters.com is the premiere marketplace for event services, guiding party planners and hosts to the perfect vendors for every event. Since 1997, we’ve helped bring over 220,000 events to life! Headquartered in South Norwalk, Connecticut, our office is a short walk from the train station and a ton of great restaurants and bars. If an energetic work setting and youthful atmosphere sound ideal, this is the place for you.
What you'll do
- Identify and investigate real events booked through GigMasters
- Surface and feature the stories of unique GigMasters vendors
- Write highly effective content across various platforms (emails, blogs, website, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Contribute to growth of company’s visibility across social platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Build and maintain lists and compile data as needed
- Research trends in the event space
- Assist with planning and production of GigMasters events
- Support various marketing projects
What you bring to the table
- A positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Careful attention to detail
- Passion for social marketing
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Working toward or completed Bachelor's degree or higher
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Paid Internship: $12 per hour
Unpaid Internship: The intern must receive academic credit through his/her university
for their work and will receive a transportation stipend
Length of Internship: Part-Time
Let's do this!
Want to intern at GigMasters? Send us the following to get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including 5 things we should know about you
- Brief writing sample
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States.