John S. LaRosa, B.S., MBA Marketing, is the President of Marketdata Enterprises, Inc., a 37-year old privately owned independent market research publishing/consulting firm. During his career, Mr. LaRosa has personally authored more than 100 major industry/market studies, primarily in the service and healthcare sectors. Mr. LaRosa is the nation's leading independent analyst of the U.S. weight loss market since 1989, having authored 50+ in-depth market studies as well as teleconferences, seminars and consulting for major diet companies, investors, start-ups, franchises and brokerage firm analysts.
Topics covered by Mr. LaRosa include:
* the U.S. weight loss market: case studies of what has worked/not worked for companies, how/why MDs should add a medical weight loss program to their practice, dieter demographics, market trends, potential of anti-obesity drugs, weight loss franchises pros and cons, the meal replacements market, the effect of and opportunities presented by Obamacare, $ size of weight loss mkt. segments (commercial, medical, retail, DIY programs).
* why market research is important for start-ups and entrepreneurs, for business plans, due diligence, corroborating market potential estimates
* the nature and status of the self-improvement market, size, sub-markets
* scams and frauds in the self-improvement market - what consumers should be aware of, red flags
* the status of personal coaching
* the dating services & matchmakers market
* the status of the live seminars business
* the making of a self-improvement guru - multiple products/services and distribution channels and partners/affiliates
* monetizing a websites' traffic via ad networks, affiliate programs, opt-in mail list rentals, subscriptions and product sales
* the use of free and low-cost government and trade association information
* why stock analysts miss 50% of the real story on many equity research reports, why their lack of marketing knowledge will hurt investors
* service sectors ripe for investment - 5 case studies
* the medical foods market, status and nature
* How to enter the self-improvement market
* online coaching and "mastery courses", why they are expensive, overrated and too complicated for the average person.
* the scam economy: how the current economy is flooded with Ponzi schemes, poor franchises, identity theft, payday loans, multi-level marketers, email and charity scams, fraudulent tax return filing, rent-to-own stores, car title loans, for-profit online universities, online "master" courses, and more - why it's happening: the vacuum of too few "honest" jobs and preying on the elderly
Marketdata's market research has been quoted by all major media, and Mr. LaRosa has appeared on CNN, Nightline, ABC, FOX-TV, and other stations and is frequently interviewed by the media. Mr. LaRosa has worked as a consultant and advisor to several industry trade groups, and he has been a contributing writer to various trade journals. His no-nonsense, straightforward, tell it like it is style is highly sought after.