Richard "RJ" Harman has been playing the harmonica for six years and has already won numerous music awards and been featured in a full two page article in the Orlando Sentinel.
RJ has studied and played with some of the finest professional harmonica players and blues artists in the world, including: Canadian harmonica virtuoso Carlos del Junco, Jason Ricci, Larry "Ice Man" Eisenberg, Dennis Gruenling, Joe Filisko Gaye Adegbalola, Ann Rabson, Ian Walters, Grant Dermody, Rick Franklin, Roddy Barnes, and more.
His style is fresh and vibrant; he brings a youthful passion and a love of the Blues, Funk, Jazz, and Shakeabilly to the stage.
RJ is currently playing professionally around the United States and based in FL; he plays and sings with the blues band, RJ Harman In Company. He has attended the Augusta Heritage Blues Festival in Elkins, West Virginia for three years, studying, performing and teaching with some of the best blues music performers.
A few bands RJ has Opened for and Performed with:
Reverend Payton's Big Damn Band,
Sean Holcomb and Streets of Seville,
Motion City Soundtrack,
Carlos Del Junco
Some of his accomplishments:
* Won the 2009 Florida Harmonica Championship
* Won Best Technical performance at the Florida Harmonica Championship
* Opening act at the UCF Arena for Lupe Fiasco and Motion City Soundtrack
* Performed along side with Ben Prestage
* Opened for Jason Ricci and New Blood at the Plaza Theatre
* Performed with Jason Ricci at the House of Blues
* Opened a set for Norton Buffalo at the UU Dome in Tampa, FL
* Performed at Seminole County's Arts Alive Show
* Two time performing at the Benefit for Aids, Altamonte Springs, FL
* Performer at the Benefit for Cancer Festival in FL
* Performed at the Hampton Blues Festival in Hampton Virginia