It's no secret that the days and weeks leading up to your wedding can be...a little stressful. Between your relatives and all of your wedding vendors - you will have your hands full. The best thing you can do, stay organized.
Even if you have a professional wedding planner, you still need to feel assured that the caterers, florists, venue staff, etc., etc., are all under control and know when to be where with what. It really is enough to drive you nuts.
Before you elope to Vegas, keep in mind that GigMasters will do everything we can to get your organized and (relatively) sane.
One way in which we alleviate your stress is with our Pre-Event Checklist. We send this comprehensive list to every client and performer five days before the event, to make sure both parties are on the same page. This checklist covers ten vital points that you should consider in the days leading up to your event:
1. CONTRACTS – GigMasters offers a standard contract template at no additional charge. We recommend that all clients and performers sign a contract so you can rest easy. Whether you use our contract or create your own, be sure you both have copies of the dated and signed contract. We even recommend that you bring a copy of the contract with you to the event just in case!
2. DIRECTIONS – Performers are not mind readers (well, our psychics are), the better directions you provide the more likely that they will arrive on time. Make sure to give your performer the address, phone number and website URL of the venue well in advance.
3. VENUE SPECIFICS - Venue specifics such as outlet locations, stage setup, etc. should be discussed in detail. Here are some of the more important topics you should discuss with your venue ahead of time.
4. WEATHER – Nobody wants to think about it, but rain/weather contingencies should be discussed and agreed upon if applicable. No performer wants to risk damaging their expensive and beloved equipment, so it’s important that you talk about the worst case weather scenarios, as scary as they may be.
5. SONG LIST – If you are hiring musicians it is important for them to know what you would like them to play ahead of time so that they can rehearse and create a set list.
6. ATTIRE – Tuxes or T-shirts? Performer attire should be discussed and agreed upon in advance.
7. FOOD/DRINK – Are you providing food and drinks for your entertainer? Are you ok with them consuming alcohol or would you rather they play sober?
8. OVERTIME - Overtime rates should be discussed and agreed upon in advance in case you are not ready for the fun to stop.
9. FINAL PAYMENT - Final payment arrangements including method of payment (cash, cashier's check, etc.) should be discussed and agreed upon in advance. While you can pay your deposit on GigMasters.com, you must pay the final balance directly to your performer. To avoid any confusion and potential embarrassment be sure to discuss payment ahead of time.
10. CONTACT INFO – You should already have it by now, but just to be sure, GigMasters sends the performer’s contact information to the client and vice versa five days prior to the event.
While we won’t claim that we can completely cure you of your wedding stress – our goal is to keep the entertainment portion of your party under control. If only we could say the same about your relatives!