What do you get when you mix your CEO, the guys from Tech and the HR woman with a bunch of toys and props? Answer: Some pretty funny photo booth mementos! (Get your mind out of the gutter – we’re trying to make corporate events entertaining, but not that entertaining.)
We know corporate events have a reputation for being, how should we say it…boring? Adding entertainment, particularly a photo booth, can help to loosen up employees. Photo booths can bring the perfect sprinkle of fun to any event, as long as you lay the ground work for getting employees to participate. Here are some ideas for encouraging a little action behind the curtains…
Photo credit: Absolutely Fabulous Photo Booth
Why Step Out of the Box, and Into the Booth:
- Photo booths provide a chance for departments to mingle, besides the awkward water cooler conversations.
- It doesn’t have to be the old school photo booth you’re thinking of: vendors today have customizable backgrounds, green screen options, and are super easy to set up and use. Kick off your event with a “step and repeat” red carpet photo op, or end it with a slideshow summary of the night’s silly snapshots.
- Photo booth pics are so much better than selfies, and not as embarrassing to display on your desk.
- They won’t break the budget: the average GigMasters photo booth vendor costs around $488 for a corporate event, so even your Accountant can crack a smile!*
Photo Credit: Oh Snap Smile
Get Flashy! How to Have Guests Cheesin’
1. Provide funny props, like oversized mustaches and “write your own” thought bubbles. Combat eye rolls with funny add-ins that are relevant to your company. In the medical field? Try paper nurses’ hats and syringes. Food industry? You can’t go wrong with giant plastic utensils and faux food.
Photo credit: Etsy
2. Make it a friendly competition: Create awards for things like best photo, most creative use of props, best department photo etc. and announce the winners at the end of the night.
3. Use the photos as a raffle style “ticket” for fun giveaways, like paid time off or a gift certificate to a favorite local lunch spot.
4. Turn the photos into a take-home souvenir. Create custom frames for your event that coworkers will be proud to display on their desks! Supply other freebies that guests can grab after they snap their pic. Branded plastic aviators, canvas bags and other small gifts are always fun options!
5. Add an impersonator – what’s more enticing than a picture with “The King,” or a quick pose with Lady Gaga?
Make your office happy to attend the next company function. Book your photo booth here!