Hiring musical entertainment for your event can truly help make your celebration more magical. Soloists are great entertainers for a all kinds of special events. From singers and acoustic guitarists, to violinists and flutists, GigMasters offers a wide variety of solo acts to help you find the right fit for your event. But, sometimes finding the perfect performer can take time. Knowing what criteria to look for, and asking the right questions, can really help you save time.
That's why we asked our top soloists to offer their advice for clients that are looking to hire a soloist for their next event. Here's what they told us:
Envision your Event
Classical flute soloist, Michelle Brick (Cranford, New Jersey) advises how you should start your search: "When looking to hire a soloist, you should imagine the type of music and setting they are trying to portray and seek out the best instrument or voice that sets that tone. Once you narrow down the type of music you are looking for it is important to hire someone with great experience and knowledge with that particular kind of music. For example, when hiring a soloist for a wedding, you should find out if the soloist is familiar with the type of ceremony you are having, get a feel for their general expertise and personality, and inquire as to what selection of music they offer. When planning any event, you should feel comfortable that the soloist you choose will be able to capture the mood you want."
Get the Specifics
Jennifer Corday, acoustic guitarist (Long Beach, California) suggests some questions to ask any potential soloist. They will help you get a better understanding of their act and abilities:
- What is on your song list?
- Do you know and will you play the style of music I want?
- Would you learn any special requests?
- Do you have a professional sound system?
- Will you play break music?
Consider the Details
Passionate Pianist Claudia (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) let us know that you should also do your research on a performer's profile to learn more about their professional background:
- Credentials: Really look at what the soloist offers, and what they have to share about their career. Be sure to compare all the specific features he/she offers with the competition.
- Experience: How long has this artist been performing as a soloist, and in what type of venues and events has he/she has performed.
- Feedback: This is probably the #1 item to check. Look and see what former clients have said about this artist, make sure these testimonials are provided by a neutral third party, like the ones that GigMasters show in the specific section of the performer's kit. Actual client feedback is essential.
- Price: The customer is not buying a price but a whole package. Compare prices between performers, and look out for any performer that request a fee that seems alarmingly low.
Remember, if you need help finding a soloist, you can reach our Customer Experience Team by calling 866-342-9794 or emailing email@example.com.
Are you a soloist that wants to book more gigs? Sign up with GigMasters today. If you leave a comment below we'll even send you a special discount for a new GigMasters membership.
What other tips do you have for hiring an soloist for an event? Share your thoughts in the comments below.