UPDATE: See who won our Party with a Purpose Contest.
Do you plan fundraisers? Have you planned an amazing event for a school, charity, religious organization, or other non-profit organization? Tell us about your event and join us in celebrating wonderful organizations that give back to those in need.
Enter your favorite charity to win a $1200 party prize pack:
- Event Entertainment: Does your next fundraiser need a photographer? DJ? Band? The winner will receive a $300 credit on GigMasters, to be used for booking the entertainment of your choice for your next charity function.
- Swag Support: Create custom stickers that show support for your organization when you use this $300 credit to Sticker Mule.
- Photo Opportunity: At your next fundraising event, ask supporters to strike a pose against your 8×8 custom step and repeat banner from Step and Repeat LA (a $352 value).
- Our Donation: GigMasters will donate $250 to the winning charity or organization.
How to Enter:
- Write a description of a fundraising event that you helped to organize or plan. It can be any kind of event, as long as it involves fundraising for a cause.
- Publish your entry on a blog or website* (don’t have a blog or website? You can still enter. See below*)
- Get social! Tweet us @gigmasters and/or post a message on our Facebook page to notify us of your entry. Use the hashtag #partywithapurpose and we’ll be more than happy to retweet and repost your entry.
Rules for Your Post:
- The featured event must include a fundraising aspect or be affiliated with a charity/non-profit organization.
- The title of your post must be “Party with a Purpose Contest”
- Your post MUST include:
An explanation of who/what the fundraising efforts were benefitting.
Why you work with that particular charity or organization.
What was the fundraising goal for the event? Was it met?
At least one picture of the event.
- Your post MUST also answer at least one of the following questions:
Where did the party take place?
Was there entertainment?
How was the party planned and designed?
Is it an annual event?
- Previously written posts qualify, as long as they meet the above requirements
- Be sure to include your website URL, Facebook page and/or Twitter account with your entry.
- The deadline to enter is Wednesday, June 6th!
How to Win:
We will select around 5 semi-finalists based on the content and quality of the entries. Semi-finalists will be announced on June 11th. At that time, our audience (and yours) will be asked to read the semi-finalists entries and vote for their favorite fabulous fundraiser. We encourage you to ask your network of supporters to vote for your cause.
Sound good? Great! Now, let us know all about your great party with a purpose!
Questions? Please ask them in the comments below.
Special thanks to our prize providers, StickerMule and StepandRepeatLA. Take a minute to check them out – they are wonderful, we promise! Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow them on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Contest Information and Regulations:
- All initial entries must be posted or emailed by June 6, noon. GigMasters must be notified by Tweet, Facebook post, or email of entry.
- *If contestant does not have a blog or website, entries can be made via email and submitted to email@example.com.
- All entries (submitted via blog or email) must be shared with GigMasters via Twitter (Tweet us @gigmasters) or Facebook message. If it is not shared on Facebook or Twitter, the entry will not be considered valid.
- All entries must include at least one picture to be considered valid.
- Contest is open to residents of the United States,18 years of age or older.
- No purchase necessary.
- Semifinalists will be chosen from original entries, based on meeting the above requirements. Semi-finalists will be notified by June 8th and voting for the finalist will begin on June 11th and run through June 15th at noon. The final winner will be announced and notified by June 18th.
- Being selected as a semi-finalist or a winner does not imply GigMasters’ endorsement of the organization.