New Year’s Eve is a wonderful night. When the clock strikes midnight, we all get to say goodbye to the past and look forward everything a new year has in store for us. What better reason is there to celebrate? If you are planning a New Year’s Eve event with entertainment, we have a few tips for making sure your party is a success.
1. Don’t wait to book. New Year’s Eve is a very big party holiday, which means that people all over are hosting events on the same night. As you can imagine, quality venues, vendors and entertainers book quickly. If you want to book the best, you will need to book early. So, if you haven’t started planning yet, you should start as soon as you are done reading this post!
2. Consider your party vision. When selecting party entertainment, don’t forget to think about your guests. You want to find entertainers that you and your guests will love. Make sure to hire entertainers that fit the type of party you are planning. Do you want to have a rockin’ bash, or a more sophisticated cocktail party? If you want a more laid back affair, a loud rock band wouldn’t be the right fit. Booking a classical trio or soloist, would be a better choice.
3. Music is key. Live bands and DJ’s are our most booked form of entertainment for New Year’s Eve parties. Music is essential to the atmosphere of a party. The right music can help keep the flow of an event and help establish the energy level. When booking a musical act, you should always keep your party motif in mind. If you are hosting a themed event, you may want to book musical entertainment that matches your theme. For example, if you are planning a lively yet, stylish event – perhaps dueling pianos would be perfect for your party.
4. Be unique. Wow your guests by thinking outside of the box when booking your New Year’s Eve entertainment. You don’t want your party-goers to feel like they came to a cookie cutter party - give them an event to remember! Variety acts such as magicians, caricaturists, and impersonators make great entertainment choices when you want to add some unique flair. They are great at working the crowd and breaking the ice. Photo booths are instant party favorites and provide a fun way for guests to take home a few memories from the evening. And, if you really want to be clever, consider hiring a psychic to let guests know what their future holds for the coming year!
5. Follow up. Communications with your performer should continue even after you have booked them for your event. Check in with your entertainer before the event to discuss things like event timeline, attire and setup. Creating an entertainment checklist is a great way to stay organized. Finalizing all details before the event will allow you to avoid any last minute surprise. Remember, you too should get to enjoy the incredible New Year’s Eve celebration you put together!
If you need help selecting your New Year’s Eve party entertainment, our Customer Specialists are just a phone call or email away. For assistance, you can reach our event experts at 866-342-9794 or email@example.com. We’d be happy to help you find the life of your party!
What are your New Year’s Eve party plans? Let us know in the comments below.