Special from Guy Renzi of Turning Stone Resort
Looking for a fun setting for bachelor or bachelorette party? A casino resort is an exciting place to celebrate upcoming nuptials. Casinos offer a variety of activities for everyone including, shows/concerts, spas, gaming, dining, nightlife, golf and of course, gaming. Whether guests are experienced gamers or new to laying a bet, gaming is an exciting group activity. From my years at Turning Stone Resort, one of the biggest New York casinos, these are ten tips to ensure your big night out will be fun, enjoyable and maybe even walk away with some winnings!
1. Take advantage of the amenities offered by the casino. In addition to free drinks while gambling, most casinos will most offer coupons and package deals to groups who enjoy the casino and make reservations in the hotel.
2. Most casinos offer a free player’s card, which offers guests a coin-less way to play games and accept earnings. By using this card, guest can accumulate points for complimentary items from discounts, meals, and hotel rooms.
3. If you expect to win big, you must bet big. Want to get the most out of your dollar for the time you’re playing, consider roulette which makes high comp earnings possible.
4. If you are a conservative player, your money will last longer on machines rather than tables. Slot machines and video poker allow you to make bets for less than a dollar.
5. Play the most coins for the biggest bonuses. Choose a machine that lets you put in the more coins, rather than a restricted machine. If you put in just a few, don’t expect to get much back.
6. Trust your gut! Browse the casino floor to find a machine that feels lucky instead of sitting down at the first machine you see. The layout of the casino is designed similarly to a grocery store to draw you to certain machines.
7. Need more cash? Casinos have automatic teller machines for withdrawals. Know your bank’s limits on withdrawals beforehand, to avoid heavy charges.
8. Never played a table game but would like a risk free way to learn? Most casinos offer instructional classes for table games. Many offer coupons for free play and other promotions to guests who join the players club.
9. Before planning your event, consider the age of guests. Most states have an age requirement of 21 for gambling while others set it at 18.
10. The focus of the party should be the bride or groom. Remember, the goal is to have fun and not get caught up in gambling.
For a memorable bachelor or bachelorette party, a casino night is an exciting experience for guests whether they are gamblers or not!