Note: Selecting "No" will opt you out of receiving leads for Kids' Birthday Parties. You can always update your settings for this and other event types in the Profile tab by editing Event Type Selections.
Cover Band from Dunstable, MA - Will travel up to 10 miles
MEMBER SINCE 2014
ACCEPTS ONLINE PAYMENTS
$50 - $550
ACCEPTS ONLINE PAYMENTS
Having played hundreds of shows including clubs, benefits, outdoor festivals, ski lodges and all-ages special events, The Cranks play positive, melodic and upbeat music that always appeals to and is appropriate for a broad age range. The Cranks can adapt their sets to various settings and perform over 3 hours of acoustic and/or full electric sets of covers and/or alt-rock originals from their 3 CDs. The band can provide complete sound system for small and medium sized venues subject to fees.
The Cranks are 1 of 3 winners of the 2014 New England Music Awards' RADAR award recognizing rising under 21 artists throughout New England - from nearly 200 submissions and their 2013 release "Orange" was recently nominated for Limelight Magazine Music Award's Album of the Year.
Some past events played: Keene Music Festival, Patriot's Place, Worcester First Night, Make Music Harvard Square, Sailfest New London.
NEWS>> The Cranks will be playing the Magic Hat stage at the Paramore/Falloutboy/New Politics stop on the Monumentour at Bank of NH Meadowbrook Pavillion in Gilford NH June 30!
In 2013 The Cranks released their 3rd CD "ORANGE", and were featured on COZI TV's "The Next Great Family Band" as one of 15 bands across the country picked to be the next sibling band like Oasis, Kings of Leon.
Performing live since 2006 The Cranks are twins Connor and Haley Gowland and Alex Markoski and have over 300 performances to their collective credit, multiple battle victories, 2 CD's, over 1200 followers on Facebook. They stand apart from the typical young "boys and their guitars" bands with Haley's distinctive vocals (often related to Chrissie Hynde, Belinda Carlisle and Deborah Harry) leading the way for the band's remarkably mature melodic and dynamic songwriting prowess. On stage they are energetic and upbeat and excite crowds of all ages, genuinely positive and always convey a sense of humor and fun - they rock, but aren't angry about it.
The Cranks spent their younger years as a cover band, and in 2009, as middle schoolers, recast themselves as an all-original 3-piece, winning their first battle (of high school bands). It was clear they had a seed of something different to offer.
In May, 2011, The Cranks released their second CD; "Downside Up", an energetic batch of one-of-a-kind lyric themes and stick-in-your-head melodies that has been played on Boston's WXRV 92.5 as well as several college radio stations.
Their Sound – 100% authentic
The Cranks' songwriting and lyric themes are what you would expect from veterans. They don't hide behind Autotune and synthesizers but instead deliver a pure and organic sound built from actual voices and real instruments. The Cranks' sound is reminiscent of proficient rockers like the Pretenders with the modern dynamics of Guster and the power of The Strokes and Weezer.
"...rattling off catchy and intelligent punk-influenced pop songs like afterthoughts. The Cranks have a real future. Downside Up is the proof." Wildy's World Blog 4 of 5 stars
"The Cranks not only display good taste in their musical inspiration but have the chops to make things happen for themselves… Haley's lead vocals sound as good, if not better, than singer's twice her age …"– Metronome Magazine 9/2010
"Haley is a triple threat of great vocals, song writing and guitar playing." - Joyce Kulhawik (arts & entertainment anchor for Boston's WBZ-TV News) 3/2010
- Feb 2014 - CD "Orange" nominated for Album of the Year by New England's Limelight Magazine
- Jan 2014 - Winner of New England Music Awards' "RADAR" award for rising artists under 21 in New England
- Winter 2013 - Selected as one of 15 bands for the national show "The Next Great Family Band"
- May 2012 Winner Westford Apple Blossom Festival battle of bands
- Mar 2012 - Winner Berklee College of Music Battle of HS Bands round 1 - (1 of 4 finalists from all New England)
- Feb 2012 -TCAN Berklee Showcase Semi-Finalist
- Feb 2012 - Music On & UP Hard Rock Showcase Finalist
- Sept 2011 -Winner of Music On & UP Hard rock Showcase "Greatest Potential" artist award
- Sept 2011 - 2nd of 10 bands @Harvard (MA) Fall Festival Battle
- Sept 2011 - Winner "Artist with Greatest Potential" Award & Finalist at Boston Hard Rock's Music on & Up Showcase
- Mar 2011 - Winner of Prelims - Finalist in TCAN/Berklee Showcase of High School bands (among 4 out of 50 submissions)
- Apr 2011 Haley - winner of Berklee College of Music Summer Program Scholarship
- Mar 2011 - WINNER of Groton-Dunstable HS Battle of Bands
- June 2010 - 2nd Place Merrimack, NH Rockin Ribfest Teen Band Competition
GIGMASTERS VERIFIED BOOKING
No Future Events
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Meadowbrook Magic Hat - Paramore/Fall Out Boy Concert!
Please note The Cranks
will also travel to Tyngsboro, Pepperell, Groton, Nashua, Westford, Hollis, North Chelmsford, Hudson, Kates Corner, Chelmsford, Ayer, Devens, West Groton, Littleton, Shirley, Lowell, Shirley Center, Dracut, Pelham, Brookline, Townsend, West Townsend, Village of Nagog Woods, Acton, North Billerica, Litchfield, Boxborough, Boxboro, Carlisle, Harvard.