- Why does GigMasters charge a 5% booking fee?
Anyone can search GigMasters and receive price quotes for free, but when it comes to booking a GigMasters member, we charge a nominal 5% booking fee ($20 minimum), which either our members or clients can pay. In fact, the majority of our 5-star members always cover the booking fee.
Booking on GigMasters entitles clients to the unmatched service and security of GigMasters Buyer Protection.
When you book directly with a vendor, you're totally on your own. Book with GigMasters and our team is here for you every step of the way with Accountability, Payment Security and Customer Support.
Any questions? Our dedicated team of Customer Specialists are always just a phone call or email away. Contact us today!
- Can I pay the 5% (minimum $20) on behalf of my clients?
- Yes, you can remit payment on behalf of your client
for the booking fee if you wish. We will charge it to the credit or debit card you have on file with us at the time a booking is confirmed by either you or the client.
- Can I let potential clients know that I always pay the 5% booking fee on their behalf?
Yes. Did you know that GigMasters performers who always pay the 5% booking fee (minimum $20) on behalf of their GigMasters clients average 40% more bookings than our performers who let their clients pay? Here's how you can let potential clients know that you will pay the 5% booking fee (minimum $20) on their behalf:
1) Log into your Gigmasters Control Panel.
2) Go to the `account' tab.
3) Click the "Edit" link for "Billing Information" option.
4) On the next page, check off the "Always Pay 5% Booking Fee" option.
5) Click on the button that says "Click Here Once To Update".
A green and red gift box icon will immediately be added to your GigMasters Press Kit, and all of your potential clients will know that should they book you, you'll pay the 5% booking fee on their behalf. Please note: this option will only apply to bids going forward, and will not affect bids that have already been placed.
- What if I or my client pays the booking fee in advance, but
the gig ends up getting canceled. Does the booking fee get refunded?
- Yes, absolutely. Booking fee refund requests must be filed with GigMasters no later than 30-days after the event date in order for you or your GigMasters client to receive a booking fee refund.
- Can I set up my account to pay for booking fee automatically with PayPal?
We don't currently have a way to "automatically" charge orders to PayPal. But you can pay individual orders one at a time with PayPal by taking the following steps:
1) Log securely into your Control Panel.
2) Go to the 'account' tab.
3) Click the "View" link for `Transactions.'
4) Click the order ID that you would like to pay.
5) Scroll down to the bottom of the invoice and click the link that says 'Click here to use PayPal'.
6) You will automatically be taken to the PayPal website where you can complete the transaction.
- Does GigMasters provide any contracts for me and my
To learn how to create a contract, view this video tutorial.
Yes, for any gigs booked through GigMasters where the event date has not yet passed, we now offer you the option of generating a contract. You are under no obligation to use this contract. If you do wish to utilize it, please go to the 'leads' tab in your Control Panel. Click the folder containing the gig ID for which you wish to generate a contract. Scroll down to the gig in question, and you will see a 'Generate Contract' button in the 'Hired' column underneath the 'Y.' After you click the button, you will be brought to a page where you will need to answer a series of questions relating to the booking. Once you finish generating the contract, it will be your responsibility to get the contract to the client. We do not send the contract to the client on your behalf. You will need to print your contract and mail it to your client OR save the contract in PDF format and attach the file in an email to your client.
- Does GigMasters recommend that I use a contract?
- Yes, always.
- What are 'booking dollars?'
Whenever you get booked for a gig, you receive 'booking dollars' which go toward your GigMasters search results ranking. So for example, if you get booked for a corporate event which pays $500, you get $500 toward your total 'booking dollars'. Before you can get credit for 'booking dollars', the 5% booking fee (USD $20 minimum) must be paid by either you or the client.
If you are paying the fee, you may do so by clicking the 'Book Now' button associated with the gig from the 'leads' tab of your control panel. Then, on the next page, click the circle next to "I would like to pay this 5% booking fee on behalf of my client. I will complete payment on the following page" and click "Click here ONCE to complete booking". You can complete the payment on the following page.
If the client will be paying the fee, they can make an online payment through their GigMasters Control Panel (PayPal, Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Discover) or they may send a check to Gigmasters.com, Inc. 33 South Main Street, Norwalk, CT 06854.
Please note - once the 5% fee has been paid, you will receive the applicable 'booking dollars' within 24 hours.
- Can I add gigs to GigMasters on behalf of my clients?
To learn how to add a booking on behalf of a client, view this video tutorial.
Yes, you can report bookings on behalf of your clients and get credit for them as you would any other GigMasters booking. That means these gigs count towards your search results ranking and, should the client leave feedback, your star rating. It also means your client gets access to valuable GigMasters features like deposits, balance payments and contracts.
Follow these steps to report a booking to GigMasters:
1) Log into your Gigmasters Control Panel.
2) Go to the `gig calendar' tab.
3) Click the "Add gig" link.
4) Select the first option to create a GigMasters booking.
5) Provide us with the client, gig and booking fee information on the next page.
6) Click the “book and pay fee” button.
*Please note: for these types of gigs you are required to pay the booking fee on behalf of clients. Doing so makes it an official GigMasters booking and automatically adds the gig to your gig calendar.
- I've been hired for an event, what do I do?
Learn how to confirm a booking by viewing this video tutorial.
Or, follow these simple instructions:
Log into your GigMasters Control Panel, go to the 'leads' tab and locate the gig among the folders. Under the column titled 'Hired', click on the "Book Now" button which corresponds to the Gig ID number for which you've been hired. On the next page, you can mark the gig as 'booked' and let us know the amount of the booking. You can also choose to remit payment for the 5% booking fee (USD $20 minimum) on behalf of the client if you wish.
- OK, I've marked the gig as 'booked' in my GigMasters
Control Panel. Now what happens?
- The client will immediately receive an email from
GigMasters. If you have not chosen to pay the booking fee on behalf of the client we will ask the client to confirm the booking by remitting the 5% booking fee (USD $20 minimum) payment.
If and when the client confirms the booking, the client
will be able to place a deposit (if you require a deposit
and IF YOU ARE ENABLED TO RECEIVE ONLINE DEPOSITS FROM
- It's been a week and my client still hasn't confirmed the booking or paid the fee. What can I do?
Your client should have received an email from GigMasters with instructions on how to complete the booking. If, for whatever reason, the client still hasn't completed the booking, here are instructions you can provide to them:
1) Tell them to go to the GigMasters homepage located at http://www.gigmasters.com.
2) Tell them to click the link near the top middle part of the homepage that says "Sign In."
3) On the next page, in the section titled 'Client Sign In', tell them to enter their username and password. Their username and password was assigned to them when they first filled out the Event Request form. If they don't remember or don't know their username/password, they can the link in the gray box on the left, where it reads 'Forgot your username or password? No problem - just click here and we'll e-mail it to you.'
4) On the next page, tell them to scroll down to the section titled 'Your Events'. It is the third section on the page.
5) Tell them to click the 'Book Now' button located all the way to the right of your name.
6) On the next page, tell them to enter their payment information, and click the button that says 'Click here ONCE To submit payment'.
- Sometimes I get emails from GigMasters which says that
I've been booked. How does this happen?
- Yes, we allow either you or the client to confirm the booking. The client can initiate the
booking process by logging into their control panel and clicking the 'Book Now' button associated with your bid.
- Why does GigMasters require that clients "confirm"
- GigMasters tracks all bookings. And because bookings affect your GigMasters results ranking, we need to confirm bookings with your clients. Also, clients can only leave feedback if we have confirmed the booking.