bidding on gigs
- Yes, we generally recommend that you require a deposit. This protects you as well as your clients.
- In general, we recommend that you make your deposit non-refundable. This protects you. However, if you, the performer, cancel your performance or fail to appear for the event you will be expected to refund the deposit.
- Place a bid and inform the client that your bid might change pending further information by leaving a message in the section labeled "Type a personal message to the client..."
- If you will be traveling out of your normal travel range or if you will need overnight accommodations, you should let the client know that you will need to be compensated for these extra fees. It is important to remember that your travel/lodging expenses will NOT be included in your 5% booking fee nor your total booking dollars earned towards your GigMasters search results ranking.
Learn how to save bid responses by viewing this tutorial.
Or, simply follow these instructions:
1. Log securely into your Control Panel https://www.gigmasters.com/login.aspx
2. Go to the 'leads' tab.
3. Click the 'Edit' link for 'Saved Bid Responses.'
4. Click the 'Create New Response' button.
5. Name your new Saved Bid Response
6. Fill out the Bid info.
7. Click the 'Update Saved Bid' button.
Yes. Did you know that GigMasters performers who always pay the 5% booking fee (minimum $20) on behalf of their GigMasters clients average 40% more bookings than our performers who let their clients pay? Here's how you can let potential clients know that you will pay the 5% booking fee (minimum $20) on their behalf:
1) Log into your Gigmasters Control Panel.
2) Go to the `account' tab.
3) Click the "Edit" link for "Billing Information" option.
4) On the next page, check off the "Always Pay 5% Booking Fee" option.
5) Click on the button that says "Click Here Once To Update".
A green and red gift box icon will immediately be added to your GigMasters Press Kit, and all of your potential clients will know that should they book you, you'll pay the 5% booking fee on their behalf. Please note: this option will only apply to bids going forward, and will not affect bids that have already been placed.