The days just before your event can be among the most stressful you'll ever experience. From the most extravagant wedding to a simple backyard barbecue, so many things go into planning a great party that the days before the event can be a truly crazy time.
You're busy worrying about caterers, the five-day forecast, the potential of your uncle giving one of his famous embarrassing speeches and any number of other possible calamities. The good news is that when you book your event entertainment through GigMasters you needn't worry. We're here to keep you organized and (relatively) stress free. One way in which we alleviate your stress is with our Pre-Event Checklist. We send this comprehensive list to every client and vendor five days before the event, to make sure both parties are on the same page. This checklist covers ten vital points that you should consider in the days leading up to your event:
1. CONTRACTS - GigMasters offers a standard contract template at no additional charge. We recommend that all clients and vendors sign a contract so you can rest easy. Whether you use our contract or create your own, be sure you both have copies of the dated and signed contract. We even recommend that you bring a copy of the contract with you to the event just in case!
2. DIRECTIONS - Vendors are not mind readers (well, our psychics are), the better directions you provide the more likely that they will arrive on time. Make sure to give your vendor the address, phone number and website URL of the venue well in advance.
3. VENUE SPECIFICS - Venue specifics such as outlet locations, stage setup, etc. should be discussed in detail.
4. WEATHER - Nobody wants to think about it, but rain/weather contingencies should be discussed and agreed upon if applicable. No vendor wants to risk damaging their expensive and beloved equipment, so it's important that you talk about the worst case weather scenarios, as scary as they may be.
5. SONG LIST - If you are hiring musicians it is important for them to know what you would like them to play ahead of time so that they can rehearse and create a set list.
6. ATTIRE - Tuxes or T-shirts? Vendor attire should be discussed and agreed upon in advance.
7. FOOD/DRINK - Are you providing food and drinks for your vendors? Are you ok with them consuming alcohol or would you rather they remain sober?
8. OVERTIME - Overtime rates should be discussed and agreed upon in advance in case you are not ready for the fun to stop.
9. FINAL PAYMENT - Final payment arrangements including method of payment (cash, cashier's check, etc.) should be discussed and agreed upon in advance. While you can pay your deposit on GigMasters.com, you must pay the final balance directly to your vendor. To avoid any confusion and potential embarrassment be sure to discuss payment ahead of time.
10. CONTACT INFO - You should already have it by now, but just to be sure, GigMasters sends the performer's contact information to the client and vice versa five days prior to the event. While we won't claim that we can completely cure you of your event stress - our goal is to keep the entertainment portion of your party under control. If only we could say the same about your guests!