Junior Web Application Developer
You grok code. You loved your programming courses and are looking for your first job where you can start turning theory into reality using the latest technologies and platforms for web, mobile, and application development.
We are GigMasters.com, the #1 event services booking service based in South Norwalk, CT. We are seeking a full time Junior Web Application Developer to join our fast growing agile product development team.
The ideal candidate is ready to learn the profession of application development, while working in a fast paced, high energy, and collaborative environment.
What you'll do
What you bring
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- This position is for recent graduates seeking their first job
- A collaborative work ethic and the ability to work within a self-organized, cross functional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Object oriented class work in Java, C#, or C++
- An understanding of OO design principles
- A drive to get things done
- Internship work developing any type of applications
- Contributions to open source projects
- Working applications of your own
Perks and Benefits
We're a tight-knit group. We hold regular company events, we believe in celebrating company milestones, and we hang together after work. Yes, we have a ping pong table, and we close early on Fridays in the summer, but it is teamwork, passion, and hard work that truly define us. Benefits include excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k matching after 90 days. Paid company smartphone after one year.
Let's do this!
Want to be our Product Quality Specialist? Send us the following and get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including your answers to these 3 questions:
- If you were building an application from scratch, what technologies would you use and why?
- Discuss one technology challenge that you have not yet completed and how you propose to complete it.
- What has been your most satisfying coding achievement?
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position: Monday — Friday (with occasional weekend coverage as needed).