Marketing Associate (Vendor Focus)
The Marketing Associate is first and foremost a journalist whose primary role is to find and tell the stories of GigMasters’ interesting and talented members. These stories are used to attract and engage an audience of readers who care about events, event vendors, event-related trends, and building an event business. Stories are told across a variety of media, but all stories portray GigMasters as an authority.
- Develop and write email campaigns to facilitate the initiatives of both the lead gen and member revenue teams
- Help with member emails and site-wide copy
- Write member-focused product announcements and updates
- Create and send monthly Member Update, based on editorial content created in previous month, plus newsletter-only features
- Develop editorial plan for Inside the Gig and other media, but allow for flexibility for interesting news pieces and PR opportunities that arise
- Determine best media for articles (blog posts, long-form articles, PDF guides, newsletters, emails, etc.)
- Proactively repurpose content across different media – (ie. Post can be used in an email workflow for leads, etc.)
- Leverage GigMasters’ data to help surface trends and information that can be used as content
- Interview and write articles that showcase GigMasters’ amazing members
- Write articles for multiple platforms (website, blog, PDFs, etc.) that attract event vendors to GigMasters brand (ie. How to build business…)
- Become a member advocate within the organization – particularly to surface opportunities for other marketers and writers
- Use GigMasters’ social platforms to attract new readers
- Engage our member and vendor lead base on social platforms, using editorial content and conversation-starters
- Participate in GigMasters Get Social
- Moderate GigMasters’ online member groups
- Support the marketing team’s efforts to attend tradeshows
- High-energy, self-motivated individual who feels passionate about helping musicians, artists and other event professionals do what they love for a living!
- Exceptional, persuasive writing skills, with the demonstrated ability to write for and connect with small business owners
- 1-3 years of work experience in content writing and communications.
- Experience with journalistic interviewing, editorial writing, promotional copywriting desired
- Portfolio of writing samples, preferably with a variety of formats and audiences.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated track record of using communications to achieve specific goals
- Not required, but experience and interest in the following would be a plus: musicians, events, Writing white papers, "how-to" tutorials, hosting webinars and video interviews.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface across multiple departments.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Marketing or a related field.
Perks and Benefits
We're a tight-knit group. We hold regular company events, we believe in celebrating company milestones, and we hang together after work. Yes, we have a ping pong table, and we close early on Fridays in the summer, but it is teamwork, passion, and hard work that truly define us. Benefits include excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k matching after 90 days. Paid company smartphone after one year.
Let's do this!
Want to be our next Marketing Associate? Send us the following and get the ball rolling:
- Cover letter including 5 things we should know about you
No recruiters, headhunters, or agencies please. Candidate must be fully authorized to work in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position: Monday — Friday (with occasional weekend coverage as needed).