Professional event planner Carolyn Miller of Creative Celebrations knows a thing or two about what it takes to pull off a truly memorable wedding. Check out her tips for any soon-to-marry couple!
1. Design your wedding around you and your fiancé's vision, not anyone else's.
2. If you are on a budget, prioritize what is important and what is not, then spend accordingly.
3. Hire a wedding coordinator for the day. Why have your closest family and friends be the ones to manage everything?
4. Plan to have every detail completed at least a week prior to the wedding.
5. Have a good breakfast the day of and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
6. Schedule down time for yourself on the day of the wedding.
7. Break in your new wedding shoes and bring flats for the reception.
8. Keep in mind that no one will care if the cake filling is the wrong flavor, let it go.
9. Consider a “First Look” photo, so you don't spend 45 minutes having wedding party photos taken after the ceremony when you should be enjoying your guests and your reception!
10. Breathe, stop, and enjoy all the little moments of your day.