We at Three Sheets to the Wind offer a refreshing alternative to staid and stuffy bands with our preppy, tongue-in- cheek presentation--truly a band for the discerning client who “gets it.”
Amazing versions of the greatest hits of the '70s and '80s keep the dance floor packed while the stylishly attired musicians look right at home at your event, and at yacht clubs everywhere.
Because we too have seen parties ruined by bands taking long breaks and playing short sets, we insist on playing two long seventy-five- minute sets with only one break to coincide with cake cutting and other wedding traditions.
Although we are America's #1 Tribute to Yacht Rock, we will happily learn a song request--no matter the genre--at no additional cost.
Our band leader, Topper Dandy, is always available to our clients by phone or email. He'll be happy to work with you to help create and execute a plan for what we like to call “The Greatest Night of Your Life™."
“BEST LIVE BAND IN VIRGINIA”
- Wedding Industry Experts 2012 Awards
“BEST BAND FOR WEDDINGS”
- Richmond Bride Magazine 2012
"TOP TIER WEDDING PROFESSIONALS"
- Richmond Bride Magazine 2013
“BEST COVER BAND”
- STYLE Weekly “Best of Richmond” 2011, 2012, 2013
- Richmond Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013
“BEST BAND IN CENTRAL VIRGINIA”
- Virginia Living Magazine 2012
"WEDDING WIRE RATED"
- WeddingWire 2012
"BRIDE'S CHOICE AWARDS WINNER"
- WeddingWire 2013
BETTER PARTIES THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
Zero volume complaints:
- All band members use in-ear monitors--an investment which eliminates five on-stage speakers. Guitar, bass, and keyboards are all run “direct” into the board, eliminating even more stage volume. The result is crisp, well-controlled audio on a clean stage.
No sound board in the middle of the room:
- Our yachting-attired sound engineer mixes the show remotely from an iPad. We keep the sound board by the stage, and out of the way of your guests.
One band, one bus:
- Band, crew, and gear travel in the 24' long shuttle bus, known to the world as “The Steely Van.”
Keeping the lights on:
- Unlike bands who use incandescent fixtures, our all-new LED lighting setup conserves energy, and ensures that we won't lose power due to overloaded circuits.
- Add our saxophone player
- Add our percussionist
- Add The Rounding Cape Horns, four-piece horn section [1 x 75-minute set]
- Add a pair of PA speakers + iPod hookup + lavalier microphone for officiant
- Add a pair of PA speakers + iPod hookup for cocktail hour location
- Captain Max Power to officiate your wedding [plus extra night of hotel]
- Enhanced sound and lighting package
- Use of band's wireless microphones for toasts or announcements
- Emcee services from Topper Dandy
Topper Dandy (guitar / keys / vocals)