The Boyd-Salmon Duo is a high-energy, fun act for every occasion. Susan Salmon started playing mandolin and guitar at age 7, and Catherine Boyd started playing violin at age 5. We also sing, and can put a custom song list together for your event. We have a wide range of music, including traditional wedding music; please contact us for a free consultation.
Benefits of working with us:
1) Versatile. We have a wide range of repertoire, and can bring in other musicians to create a custom sound. Recent event genres include: 1920s Jazz, Bollywood, Pearl Jam, Bluegrass, Heart, Heavy Metal, Classical, Italian, Celtic, Jewish, Oldies, Top 40, Pop, and Folk music.
2) Amplified. In addition to our acoustic instruments, we have the option of portable battery-powered amplifiers, wireless transmitters, acoustic and electric instruments, laptops with tracks, and the ability to work as modified DJs.
3) Strolling. For that personal touch, we can stroll from table to table, taking requests from your guests.
4) Experience. We've been studying music since we were young children, and playing professionally since we were teenagers. Whatever your party plans, we've probably encountered a similar request and can bring your dreams to life.
5) Wedding specialists. We love playing weddings, and we work hard on personalized requests.
Thank you; we look forward to working with you!
Susan Salmon (Guitar, mandolin, violin, vocals),
Catherine Boyd (Violin, guitar, vocals)