Celebrate Good Music with Kammeraderie! Unique, intimate, and enchanting, violin and recorder duo Kammeraderie (previously Flutes of Fancy, which name is now reserved for our recorder duo) performs for weddings and events throughout California. Be it Celtic or Classical, Renaissance or Folkloric music you desire, our repertory will delight you. Kammeraderie is now based in Southern California but has performed throughout California. Given sufficient lead time, we are available for out-of-area events.
Our beautiful wooden recorders are predecessors of the modern flute. Bert plays soprano, alto, tenor, and bass recorders. Dorothy is an accomplished violinist who is also a fine recorder player, specializing in soprano and alto recorders. We can provide gentle amplification for larger indoor receptions and cocktail hours.
We pride ourselves on providing a unique soundscape for weddings and events in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange Counties as well as the Inland Empire. Our studio and home are especially close to the breathtaking venues of the Temecula Wine Country. We can perform for gala weddings and events as well as those on a more intimate scale. With an interest in folkloric music from many lands, we particularly appeal to those who wish to honor their heritage with music.
Other interesting facts:
- We were interviewed for the 2012 Wedding issue of Renaissance Magazine.
- The original name of our duo was Flutes of Fancy. However, as we began to use the violin more frequently, we wanted to distinguish between our recorder duo and our recorder/violin duo. Thus in 2014 Kammeraderie was born.
- Dorothy's music essays and articles have been published both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Dorothy has arranged 6 volumes of Old English and Celtic traditional tunes for two instruments that have been played by fellow musicians on four continents. Many of these volumes are beautifully suited to theme performances, such as Earth Day, English Teas, and Nautical events.
Below are recent performances made memorable by our duo:
- A wedding at a university's venerable faculty club. The bride and groom requested sacred Renaissance music for the ceremony and lively Renaissance dance music for the reception.
- Spanish music incorporated with a wedding prelude for a Latin American bride. We performed both folkloric and romantic selections.
- Celtic music for a children's Easter Party at an exclusive club in Indian Wells. We appeared in costume; kids, parents, and staff were equally delighted.
- Italian Dinner music before a show. We provided the ambient Italian and Continental dinner music before the gala Under the Tuscan Stars show at Pala Casino and Resort.
- Eastern European music combined with Christmas music at a lovely holiday celebration hosted by two world travelers.
- Upbeat Celtic music for the wedding cocktail hour at the legendary Hotel Del Coronado. After the cocktail hour, the wedding party and guests processed to the banquet room while we played Mairi's Wedding.
Below are some reviews of recent performances:
"We know the violin/recorder duo was a beautiful decision based on all the comments from our guests! They complimented all aspects of your music, from the music selections to your wedding attire. You were perfect for our intimate wedding in the Stonehouse at Temecula Creek Inn. Our only wish was we, the bride and groom, had more time to sit and listen and enjoy your music. Even the staff at Temecula Creek Inn was impressed. We know we made the best choice by having you play our ceremony music."
Bride, July 2013 wedding.
"You were awesome. We are so glad we included you in the ceremony! Everyone loved the intimate setting, and your music just completed the whole package."
Bride, July 2013 wedding
"Wow, what a great couple and even better musicians! I'm so happy I found Bert and Dorothy. They are amazing people. Their music was just perfect for our event. Everyone loved and enjoyed every song they played." Corporate Showcase Event, September 2013.
"Amazing Good Find! I hadn't intended on having ceremony musicians at my wedding, but I am so glad I did! Flutes of Fancy's Bert and Dorothy were wonderful! We had a St. Patrick's Day wedding and they played for us classical wedding songs as well as Celtic/Irish traditional music. Prior to the wedding, they created an online music playlist so we could hear how they would sound and how the music would flow, etc. My husband loved it so much he had it on repeat all night! They were lovely people and even came to our wedding in costume! Loved them"
(March, 2013 bride)
"Fantastic job! Loved you both. You were exactly what I was looking for! Spectacular job!"
(April 2012 Easter Celebration, Indian Wells)
What is your vision? Contact Kammeraderie, and we will do our utmost to make your event unique and memorable.
Bertram Barth (Recorders),
Dorothy Barth (Violin and Recorders)